DRC: Friday practice notes, video highlights

Brett Vito

With Lawerence breaking out (so far), could he be passing Hair-Griffen for that slot role?

Also, wondering if this going to force Darden to play amazing to prevent from being RSed. 

Also, good to hear about Sanders and Davis... Those 2 I think will be critical to our defense in replacing McClain and Dee

And, in the 'what gives' department...

I thought that I saw a post from Ryan Bishop last week that said that he was giving up football.  But, in today's video I saw the number 58 and I checked and,  sure enough, 58 belongs to Ryan Bishop.  I can only guess that whatever sent him to the verge of retiring corrected itself and he's good to go. 

Deserves an attaboy!

2 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

And, in the 'what gives' department...

I thought that I saw a post from Ryan Bishop last week that said that he was giving up football.  But, in today's video I saw the number 58 and I checked and,  sure enough, 58 belongs to Ryan Bishop.  I can only guess that whatever sent him to the verge of retiring corrected itself and he's good to go. 

Deserves an attaboy!

That would be Zack Bishop. Ryan Bishop is his brother. 

• Thanks 1

Starting to wonder if Cade is headed towards a Red Shirt?

I would like to see them install a permanent bench at the "Darrell R. Dickey Football Practice Facility" and dedicate it to Brett V.

He could then change it up and say -

Reporting from the Brett Vito Bench at the Darrell R. Dickey Football Practice Facility

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I would like to see them install a permanent bench at the "Darrell R. Dickey Football Practice Facility" and dedicate it to Brett V.

Reporting from the Brett Vito Bench at the Darrell R. Dickey Football Practice Facility

I would love for them to RS Cade, and make it a yearly thing to do with our freshman QBs.. One thing that Pearson has that Fine lacked last year was accuracy, but again Fine wasn't helped by dropped passes and an OL that allowed pressure way to often. 

Figure out what they have at QB, Play Fine/Quinn/Izzy/Carson/Ohara and find out if they are just practice arms or gameday worthy. We have 2 good QBs (who are both rated ahead according to 24/7- Pearson .7826, Bean- .7958, Martin- .7858) coming in next year. Izzy is the highest rated QB, believe he was a .80+ player according to 24/7 but is a PWO. 

By the time Martin/Bean RS and can play Fine will be a SR, Quinn and Izzy will be gone, and Pearson will be a RS Soph... 

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

With Lawerence breaking out (so far), could he be passing Hair-Griffen for that slot role?

Also, wondering if this going to force Darden to play amazing to prevent from being RSed

Also, good to hear about Sanders and Davis... Those 2 I think will be critical to our defense in replacing McClain and Dee

Quentin Jackson is a guy to watch as well.

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I'd prefer the Matt Phillips memorial bench. Kid was a team player and did some good things in reserve of Daniel Meager.

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

At Apogee? 

Or the Darrell R. Dickey Head Coach of North Texas From 1998-2006 Winner of 4 Straight Sunbelt Championships Practice Fields?

Don't forget the 26 consecutive conference victories and the NOLA bowl win. Don't want to disappoint Don Vito.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I'd prefer the Matt Phillips memorial bench. Kid was a team player and did some good things in reserve of Daniel Meager.

Don't forget the 26 consecutive conference victories and the NOLA bowl win. Don't want to disappoint Don Vito.

I wonder if people are aware that Derek Thompson was the MVP of the Heart of Dallas Bowl? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Yep. It should be "reporting from the Bret Vito bag chair beneath the shade tree outside the fence surrounding the HOF Coach Darrell R Dickey, 4 bowl team, 26 game conference winning streak practive field."  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1