Spring Ball Schedule

GMG24

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Better hire some assistants before spring ball starts.  Otherwise it won't be successful spring.  

I'm expecting OL announced this week, and DL closer to start of next week.  Zero inside info just timing wise it makes sense

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Just curious, are these practices open to the public to watch?

Note the tweet posted...under the scherdule...it says "come check us out".  Spring practices are open to the public.  If you have a group coming you might want to contact Scotty as the schedule indicates.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Practices during the week have normally been in the afternoon around 3:30-6 and scrimmages on Saturdays starting around 9 or 10.  Spring game normally early afternoon to allow for the various events associated with the spring game.  Haven't seen anything posted regarding practice/scrimmage times for this year.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I wish somebody could tell me why they didn't have the sense to coordinate the Spring Game with the Eli Young Band concert at Apogee. Seems you'd have bigger attendance for both if you did them on the same day.

could be a conflict in scheduling for the band???  not sure...but good question.  Didn't they do something along that line a couple of years ago???

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I wish somebody could tell me why they didn't have the sense to coordinate the Spring Game with the Eli Young Band concert at Apogee. Seems you'd have bigger attendance for both if you did them on the same day.

Probably because March 8th and March 25th are VERY far away from each other from a practice perspective.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Probably because March 8th and March 25th are VERY far away from each other from a practice perspective.

FYI, Spring game is April 8th.

Good news is that March 25th is the date of the 1st scrimmage so come watch the scrimmage in the morning, head to Home Depot in the afternoon, and go to the concert later that night.  Pretty nice little Saturday.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TreeFiddy said:

FYI, Spring game is April 8th.

Good news is that March 25th is the date of the 1st scrimmage so come watch the scrimmage in the morning, head to Home Depot in the afternoon, and go to the concert later that night.  Pretty nice little Saturday.

So it does work out even if I no read good.   Sounds like a plan to me.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

This is coordinated with the WingSpan Gala that takes place earlier that evening and was worked around the band's schedule. If the Gala was on the day of the Spring game you lose Gala attendees like Coaches and AD personnel who donor enjoy chatting with at these donor events that raise scholarship monies plus possible donor attendees who don't want to sit through the Spring Game and then put on a tux for a formal affair just a few hours later. Very important for UNT to focus personnel and donors on the Gala.

By the way...not saying I disagree with your line of thinking.  Just giving you a bit more info.

Thanks Mark

• Upvote 1

One other thing about the concert itself...not the WingSpan Gala event...you folks are probably already aware, but this Apogee concert is not open to the general public.  The Eli Young Band wanted to do something for UNT students.  Rumor has it that alums will be able to acquire tickets as well somehow...but, have no clue if that means only Alumni Association member alums or not.  Am sure details will be out soon.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

could be a conflict in scheduling for the band???  not sure...but good question.  Didn't they do something along that line a couple of years ago???

Just realized.  EYB is also playing at the Wing Span Gala the same evening.  A 2 for 1 event for EYB.  The Gala first, the a larger event at Apogee!!!  Come one - Come all!!!!