Breaking WR Commit

TheReal_jayD

46 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Saw this earlier but didn't wanna post it up if this kid wanted to keep it quiet

You were scared he didn't want people seeing his own tweet? JayD was keeping the commitment quiet. Not the offer.

Again, don't feel hesitant to post public information.

Edited by BillySee58

Just now, GreenN'walinsVet said:

so we complain that we are not out recruiting 3 star guys and settling for 2 stars.  So we go out and find a 3 star, offer, and then get commitment and we complain because its a fallback option?  It continues to amaze me the level some around here go to, just to complain about something.

Perhaps you missed that he has one other FBS offer from a non-passing team and was committed to Grambling.

It's a fallback option, and makes me think Bradley is indeed gone to Houston.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 14

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

We don't even know if this is the right commit that the post was about.. LOL

Unless there is another 6'3" receiver out there, this is the cat.

If not, my apologies in advance.

Just now, GreenN'walinsVet said:

so now starts don't matter?

Offers are what matter. Always have been. Where you been?

• Downvote 11

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Offers are what matter. Always have been. Where you been?

I've been right here listing to the same crap year after year, and using whatever formula one wants to use to make his point.

Stars matter when you have a class full of stars

Stars don't matter when you have a class full of no stars

Offers matter when you have a class full of kids with lots of offers

Offers don't matter when you have a class full of kids with little to no offers

Rankings matter when you are ranked high

Rankings don't matter when your not

All I'm pointing out is that while this kid may well indeed be a fallback player, the fact the we had a fallback option for our highest thought of player with a player that will be thought of as the 3 or 4th highest thought of player is a recruiting win. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I've been right here listing to the same crap year after year, and using whatever formula one wants to use to make his point.

Stars matter when you have a class full of stars

Stars don't matter when you have a class full of no stars

Offers matter when you have a class full of kids with lots of offers

Offers don't matter when you have a class full of kids with little to no offers

Rankings matter when you are ranked high

Rankings don't matter when your not

All I'm pointing out is that while this kid may well indeed be a fallback player, the fact the we had a fallback option for our highest thought of player with a player that will be thought of as the 3 or 4th highest thought of player is a recruiting win. 

Bradley wasn't our highest thought of player. He had an offer from UNT and Tulsa until Houston came in late. That's it.

I really like him, but am smart enough to know that is probably my prejudice showing through.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Bradley wasn't our highest thought of player. He had an offer from UNT and Tulsa until Houston came in late. That's it.

I really like him, but am smart enough to know that is probably my prejudice showing through.

While I often times agree with your points, as true and painful as they are at times, who do you have as our top recruit even if bradley is included. He was the most excited player for me and I just noticed he is our highest ranking on 247. Take that for what it's worth. This does seem like a "fallback" but I'll take size and speed with this staff all day long. I feel like we can develop well enough, if we get the un-coachable (size and speed) attributes we can get more out of a player the most expect. 

• Upvote 2