DRC Monday column: Marshall fosters hope UNT's turnaround is legit

Brett Vito

29 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Ball State.

IMHO our win over Ball State was "assisted" by our Texas weather. Ball State had to sit in the hot sun for a long time and it took it's toll late in the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. 

Our game with Marshall was played in nice weather for both sides. The conditions were even.....except for our side showing up with their "I didn't come here to lose" t-shirts on under their uni's. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

IMHO our win over Ball State was "assisted" by our Texas weather. Ball State had to sit in the hot sun for a long time and it took it's toll late in the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. 

Our game with Marshall was played in nice weather for both sides. The conditions were even.....except for our side showing up with their "I didn't come here to lose" t-shirts on under their uni's. 

A win's a win. No need to lessen it. We beat a good team (in 2013).

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

2009, not 2013.  My point was, we beat a good team with some really really strong seasons behind them.  People thought we were turning it around, but we found out Ball State was pretty terrible and we ended up with only one more win.

People need to get excited about this staff and team, but understand we still have not beaten a team with an FBS win.

EDIT: We are halfway through the season, and we have beaten 3 teams that have zero FBS wins.  Statistically, this seems like it could be really really rare.  What are the odds? Has it ever happened before, 6 games into any FBS season?  Hard to imagine.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Does an indoor practice facility negate this advantage in the future? 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Does an indoor practice facility negate this advantage in the future? 

It will probably give the team more practice time without having to take more Gatorade breaks.  100 degree heat or heat index can happen during much of September (as we in the Southwest know so well).    

I wonder how multi-purpose this IPF will be?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

On October 10, 2016 at 11:51 AM, greenminer said:

People need to get excited about this staff and team, but understand we still have not beaten a team with an FBS win.

EDIT: We are halfway through the season, and we have beaten 3 teams that have zero FBS wins.  Statistically, this seems like it could be really really rare.  What are the odds? Has it ever happened before, 6 games into any FBS season?  Hard to imagine.

If we had beaten SMU this would still be a true statement. You play the teams on your schedule. I have to think this has happened before.

Also, I have to wonder what the outcome would be today if we were to re-tee that game with fine starting and it not be the first game with the new staff.