MGB: Devin O'Hara talks about decision to sign with UNT

Brett Vito

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

CSglunTUwAAyZ7p-244x300.jpg

O'Hara appears to have a drool issue, or is just not very good a drinking water.

Nah...he's just salivating excessively while daydreaming about lighting up CUSA secondaries.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 4

“I truly felt like the right fit. I had a good overall feeling,” O’Hara said. “I am excited about playing for Graham Harrell because of what he has done in his career.”

Never heard a recruit say "Oh Dan you're the man, I've seen what you did at Iowa State and I'm excited"

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

“I truly felt like the right fit. I had a good overall feeling,” O’Hara said. “I am excited about playing for Graham Harrell because of what he has done in his career.”

Never heard a recruit say "Oh Dan you're the man, I've seen what you did at Iowa State and I'm excited"

Not even Mini?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, NTAlum09 said:

Golden Boy Harrell to the rescue. This the first of several stout QB prospects we will land with this staff.

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Fall camp should be interesting.

This won't make it so. This is a third team QB at best. This is a QB that had to transfer out of an FCS to a low level JUCO because he couldn't win the starting job at the FCS. The more info that comes out on this signing, the more depressing it becomes. 

So far Littrell has signed a HS QB with no other FBS offers and a JUCO that couldn't cut it at an FCS and also had zero other offers from FBS schools. At a need position where playing time was available immediately. 

Recruiting like that, especially at that position, will lead to a very short coaching career at UNT for Littrell. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

This won't make it so. This is a third team QB at best. This is a QB that had to transfer out of an FCS to a low level JUCO because he couldn't win the starting job at the FCS. The more info that comes out on this signing, the more depressing it becomes. 

So far Littrell has signed a HS QB with no other FBS offers and a JUCO that couldn't cut it at an FCS and also had zero other offers from FBS schools. At a need position where playing time was available immediately. 

Recruiting like that, especially at that position, will lead to a very short coaching career at UNT for Littrell. 

I agree. I'm just interested in watching the competition this fall. Will it be about height and personal relationships like with Mac? Or about moving the offense down the field? He'd have wet the bed for a 6'5" kid like O'hara. I'm pulling for Barry Sanders Jr's high school teammate, the former OSU preferred walk-on.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Downvote 2

Can't hurt to have another arm in camp...especially when you see what is behind Morris.  Although, with no other offers...this guy doesn't come in with much more of a resume than the rest. 

Question:  Will he help or be another bounce around from college to college guy like Berglund and Smith?
Howard Schnellenberger:  "The only variable now is time." 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

I agree. I'm just interested in watching the competition this fall. Will it be about height like with Mac? He'd have wet the bed for a 6'5" kid like O'hara. I'm pulling for Barry Sanders Jr's high school teammate, the former OSU preferred walk-on.

There will be emmense pressure on Littrell to start Morris (especially from Brett Vito, lol). If Morris has a terrible game against SMU, it will also be interesting to see how long Littrell waits to give him the hook.

@Brett Vito I know you are salivating for a kid to bump Shanbour down in the pecking order so you can be proven right, but this kid ain't that guy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Yea and Baker was a walk-on!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Yea and Baker was a walk-on!

With other FBS scholarship offers. 

The unintelligent argument is to always point out the exception. When is the last time UNT had an exception to the rule roll through? Jamario? For one year?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

How is there "emmense" pressure on Littrell to start his best player?  If you have a best player, you play your best player.  There's no pressure involved. 

His pressure is finding the right guys on the OL, playmakers at WR, and DLs.  That's his pressure. 

At QB, the only pressure is the quality of the backups.  And, right now, it doesn't look good.  No one who had much in the way of FBS offers out of high school.

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

With other FBS scholarship offers. 

The unintelligent argument is to always point out the exception. When is the last time UNT had an exception to the rule role through? Jamario? For one year?

We see  kids with limited offers be successful at QB every day in college football. It is called development. I had really thought in the past with UNT some of Mcs signees would be successful. I hope this staff is better a spotting talent and can develop Qbs! 

1 minute ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

How is there "emmense" pressure on Littrell to start his best player?  If you have a best player, you play your best player.  There's no pressure involved. 

His pressure is finding the right guys on the OL, playmakers at WR, and DLs.  That's his pressure. 

At QB, the only pressure is the quality of the backups.  And, right now, it doesn't look good.  No one who had much in the way of FBS offers out of high school.

What if Morris isn't "the best" QB on the roster? What happens if he gets hit in the mouth against SMU and promptly throws 3 picks a la Chad? 

Then what?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

There will be emmense pressure on Littrell to start Morris (especially from Brett Vito, lol). If Morris has a terrible game against SMU, it will also be interesting to see how long Littrell waits to give him the hook.

@Brett Vito I know you are salivating for a kid to bump Shanbour down in the pecking order so you can be proven right, but this kid ain't that guy. 

You would think that Vito would be pro-Shanbour, since Shanbour once had an illustrious P5 offer, and Vito isn't exactly much of a physical giant himself. I guess birds of a feather don't always stick together.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

What if Morris isn't "the best" QB on the roster? What happens if he gets hit in the mouth against SMU and promptly throws 3 picks a la Chad? 

Then what?

You're only saying that because you're part of the Quinn Shanbour fan club. Get over it 90, even if he is better suited for this offense he's still only 6'0". We should just give up hope. 

Ironically enough everyone used to talk about how McCarney would recruit guys that were 6'4" 240 but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a football. Morris is much more accurate than Mac recruits, but the size thing seems to be the only thing Vito knocks Shanbour for. Give me a legitimate reason as to why he wouldn't be as good or better in this offense. I'd be willing to bet there are few and far between that could

Edited by MGNation92
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Then what?

I guess we will see a lot of Wilson/Ivery if the next guy sucks too. Personally, I saw some good signs from the spring practice game, so I'm not even close to giving up on the QB position. Ohara is just gravy at this point. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

You're only saying that because you're part of the Quinn Shanbour fan club. Get over it 90, even if he is better suited for this offense he's still only 6'0". We should just give up hope. 

? unsure if serious...

20 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

I guess we will see a lot of Wilson/Ivery if the next guy sucks too. Personally, I saw some good signs from the spring practice game, so I'm not even close to giving up on the QB position. Ohara is just gravy at this point. We shall see.

He isn't gravy, he is fourth team depth.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

51 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

We see  kids with limited offers be successful at QB every day in college football. It is called development. I had really thought in the past with UNT some of Mcs signees would be successful. I hope this staff is better a spotting talent and can develop Qbs! 

If this is the way you choose to build a program, be prepared to go 0-12 and 1-11 a lot.

17 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

Somebody other than us will decide if Means is better than Ohara, and apparently you are saying that he is.

They are probably on about equal levels, but Means has been practicing against FBS level DBs for 2 plus years. This kid has never had that experience. 

So I think that's a pretty big advantage Means.

The bigger point is that Littrell couldn't land a QB with multiple G5 offers, even with immediate playing time available. This looks like a desperation signing. That's not good for this program.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7