What r u going to b looking 4 ?

Wag Tag

I'm anxious to see the new defensive - specifically how McClain & Gray are used.  I think this staff may find some creative ways to create havoc by scheming ways to use them closer to the line of scrimmage.

With limited time to implement and the general purpose of today's event, we may see a pretty vanilla approach today but I still expect to see evidence that our guys are going to be better positioned to make impact plays.

• Upvote 1

This is all said with hesitation for it is just Spring ball...Oline decent at pass block. Horrible in run blocking but that's to be expected right now due to new splits and scheme. Morris cowboys the ball too much. Kelvin Smith needs 10 targets a game in the fall. Guy has soft hands, great routes, good size and surprisingly fast for his size. Dillman is underutilized. D looks much improved, especially secondary. Good front 7 movement, etc. It's everything we have been hearing out of practice. 

All in all, wasn't overly impressed with anything except K. Smith. Goree and Smiley looked good. Ezzard catching RB screens out of the backfield looked good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

This is all said with hesitation for it is just Spring ball...Oline decent at pass block. Horrible in run blocking but that's to be expected right now due to new splits and scheme. Morris cowboys the ball too much. Kelvin Smith needs 10 targets a game in the fall. Guy has soft hands, great routes, good size and surprisingly fast for his size. Dillman is underutilized. D looks much improved, especially secondary. Good front 7 movement, etc. It's everything we have been hearing out of practice. 

All in all, wasn't overly impressed with anything except K. Smith. Goree and Smiley looked good. Ezzard catching RB screens out of the backfield looked good. 

Any concerns about the medium out routs with Morris? Timing was terrible in my humble opinion. Ruthford might b something which would be a big pluse. Smith in the slot could be exciting, a lot quicker than I realized. D looks quick to me! GMG

15 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I know it's a scrimmage and he's usually not playing the ones but shanbour makes such fast decisions.  Always wonder why he never got a shot last year when everyone else spit the bit.

Thought the exact same thing. Just watched the game, skipping around a lot. Offense should be drastically improved IMO.

2 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Well this is boring. If you couldn't make it dont worry you missed nothing.

Didn't mind watching it online though. Seemed like a typical spring game to me. They are never too intense. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Any concerns about the medium out routs with Morris? Timing was terrible in my humble opinion. Ruthford might b something which would be a big pluse. Smith in the slot could be exciting, a lot quicker than I realized. D looks quick to me! GMG

Those are, like you said, timing routes. Nothing of concern given it's spring ball with a new QB throwing to new WR's. Some to the close sideline looked decent. Everything overall looked very boring, but it is spring. 

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

I know it's a scrimmage and he's usually not playing the ones but shanbour makes such fast decisions.  Always wonder why he never got a shot last year when everyone else spit the bit.

The revisionist excuse is turf toe that kept him from physically competing. 

You decide whether you believe it or not. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8