**Update on public access to UNT Spring FB Practice**

Harry

10 hours ago, AllGreen said:

I am confused by the uproar. Aren't most college football practices closed to the public?

It's about the inconsistent statements from the AD. Don't tell fans one thing and then change it at the last minute. 

It gives the appearance of bunkering in, especially when you will only allow your supporters to attend the practices. Was there ever a definite donation amount listed that gets you in? Of course not.

But then again, this is Rick Villarreal's UNT.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

11 hours ago, AllGreen said:

I am confused by the uproar. Aren't most college football practices closed to the public?

We didn't start getting restricted regarding access to practices until Dodge arrived, and then Mac. But Dodge and Mac only restricted access to practice in the fall. Up to that point we've been used to having lots of access to practices. And look at how many conference championships can be associated with the new restrictive policy.........

I understand that a lot of big time programs severely restrict access to practices, but when we start consistently winning like them, then the coach (and AD) can (kind of) justify not allowing fans to attend practice.

We have so few show up to actual games, I would think that any HC here would take the opportunity to have their team see NT fans show up any time the opportunity presents itself.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I don't see the problem. We don't want to be in the way or disrupt practice. There are reasons fans are not (with a few exceptions) allowed on the sideline during a game. When I was still on campus, I went over and watched several of Dodge's first season practices through the bars and didn't see anything less than I would've had I been sitting by the water bottles. Additionally, this can help avoid angry football-dad confronting the coach during practice because junior got his feelers hurt or got demoted.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

I'm a MGC member and would like to attend both scrimmages on April 2 and 9th. Does anyone know the times yet? 

Wish I could make the Green & White game but I'll be out of town.

Haven't yet seen a schedule but will pin it up as soon as I do.