Thank God We're not in the SLC or SBC

foutsrouts

15 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I literally thought I would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER say this but, I kinda wish I rooted for Middle Tennessee.  They seem to care a little

Yeah, you remember when they tried to promote their running back for The Heisman and we were all laughing at them for it?  I didn't admit it to none of yall but I remember thinking to myself a little bit .."but at least they give a damn to try".  

Some of you may remember when Nebraska and Colorado left the Big 12 the SMU AD held a press conference in Dallas demanding inclusion into the Big 12.  So I asked RV why he didn't do the same, you know,......just to put the state on notice that we too were also serious,  Rick's response was because he didn't want to get laughed at.  

After Portland State whipped our ass I remembered that comment and thinking..."Gosh I sure am glad no one is laughing at us Rick".

Rick

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Yeah, you remember when they tried to promote their running back for The Heisman and we were all laughing at them for it?  I didn't admit it to none of yall but I remember thinking to myself a little bit .."but at least they give a damn to try".  

Some of you may remember when Nebraska and Colorado left the Big 12 the SMU AD held a press conference in Dallas demanding inclusion into the Big 12.  So I asked RV why he didn't do the same, you know,......just to put the state on notice that we too were also serious,  Rick's response was because he didn't want to get laughed at.  

After Portland State whipped our ass I remembered that comment and thinking..."Gosh I sure am glad no one is laughing at us Rick".

Rick

Just another reason why he has to go. His #vision is not getting fired and being able to comfortably retire from North Texas. His #vision sucks. The people that support him, STOP. He is so narrow minded and willing to just accept what is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Don't understand your logic.   UALR and SFA had great wins, but the MUTS had the biggest.

They were all huge wins, and even though I love the conference aspect of MTSU, SFA over WV has a little more regional David/Goliath appeal to me. We'll see how they all followup. Same goes for the beautiful Northern Iowa win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

They were all huge wins, and even though I love the conference aspect of MTSU, SFA over WV has a little more regional David/Goliath appeal to me. We'll see how they all followup. Same goes for the beautiful Northern Iowa win.

MTSU was only the 8th 15 seed to win a game.  That's why it's the biggest win of the day.

16 minutes ago, CMJ said:

MTSU was only the 8th 15 seed to win a game.  That's why it's the biggest win of the day.

The committee (Joe Lunardi) had UAB slated into the 15 line all year long. MUTS just jumped in their seat with winnning the CUSA tourney. It's a testament to how bad perception is of CUSA bball. The other 3 teams sharing the 15 line with MUTS are UNC-Asheville, CSU Bakersfield, and Weber St. UAB was going into that 15 line if they won too. In other words, MUTS (or UAB) is not a typical 15 seed. Better resources, athletes, etc. I think the muts upset will be seen as bigger only because of the expectations placed on top of MSU. There's no respect for CUSA bball and the seeding decisions suggest just that. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1