Frazier arrested?

Maduro

2 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Isn't that against the law just like rushing a field?

LOL. Yes, driving with no insurance can usually cause more damage to people than rushing the field.

Just looking at the DPD police blotter, isn't $500 pretty steep for a public intoxication charge? It's one of the few charges that is totally at an officer's discretion with very little (if any) documented evidence required. I haven't had to bail anyone on that in years, but it used to be like 1-2 hundred bucks or so. Watch your drinking in Denton.

24 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Isn't that against the law just like rushing a field?

Dumb.

Its a class c misdeamor that doesn't stay on your criminal record. Criminal tresspass is a class B. Resisting or Evading arrest a class A misdeamor. Both remain on your criminal history and probably will have to be explained at a job interview.

But by all means, keep on comparing apples and oranges. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Dumb.

Its a class c misdeamor that doesn't stay on your criminal record. Criminal tresspass is a class B. Resisting or Evading arrest a class A misdeamor. Both remain on your criminal history and can and probably will have to be explained at a job interview.

But by all means, keep on comparing apples and oranges. 

Who told you that, because if it was an attorney you should find another one. The only Class C's that "come off your record" are basic traffic violations that roll over with your driving record's reporting limitations. PI's can stay there forever for potential employers to see unless you have them expunged. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, foutsrouts said:

Who told you that, because if it was an attorney you should find another one. The only Class C's that "come off your record" are basic traffic violations that roll over with your driving record's reporting limitations. PI's can stay there forever for potential employers to see unless you have them expunged. 

But he wasn't arrested for PI, he was arrested for no insurance. 

Regardless, a PI is much more relatable and explainable than an evading/resisting arrest or criminal trespass. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

22 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

I'm not comparing them, you are. I asked if both were against the law. They are. I don't care if it is on his record or not, or if he can explain it away in a job interview or not. I'm not him. Not my problem.

A student-athlete representing my University getting arrested. I care. So should you. Seems like it's happening a little more frequently too. Keep picking and choosing when and how righteous you are though. Most of us get a kick out of it.

And I get a kick out of your indignation. 

Every crime and punishment is different. That's why the state assigns different levels and consequences. That's why when you are applying for an accounting job, you don't have to explain that no insurance ticket. 

You ever get a ticket? 

And you might want to look up the definition of righteous.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Just now, UNT Five&Dime said:

I pay the fines associated with my tickets so I don't have a warrant issued for my arrest.

Can I get a full list of illegal activity we should say "meh" about?

Sure. Any traffic ticket.

Get it?

Did you pay your fines in college, or did mommy and daddy? 

Were you as responsible as a 20 year old as you are now?

Do you know what righteous means?

4 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

Shall we throw him off the team, five and dime? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

35 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Ok. So I should care about warrants. Thanks for finally agreeing we should care.

A warrant isn't a criminal charge in a traffic ticket case. It's issued because you haven't paid. Here is some news for you, college kids sometimes don't have a lot of money.

51 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I mean...if the whispers of retaining Benford are so related to his incoming recruiting class...

Hmmm... Interesting...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

A warrant isn't a criminal charge in a traffic ticket case. It's issued because you haven't paid. Here is some news for you, college kids sometimes don't have a lot of money.

Gotcha. Thought being "arrested early Friday morning on an outstanding warrant" meant something illegal happened. Like maybe it was illegal to not pay fines you're responsible for. So you can be arrested even when you did nothing illegal?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my "dumb" questions.

Oh, and what else can I do just because I don't have a lot of money?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3