On UNT campus today

Harry

Just now, Harry said:

Damn.  The new Union, new dorms new buildings, Greek houses, just overall amount of construction and growth here is flat out amazing.  If you haven't made it up here in awhile you need to check it out. GMG

Yep. It's pretty sweet. I am not sure if they are going to put something where Stovall use to be or just create an outdoor common space there. I wish they would hurry up and complete the outdoor area of the union. The lag in that is way over the top. The new dorms are very nice as well. The university is starting to look like an actual university from the interstate. I wish UNT would just bulldoze that old sac n save building and start the grand entry way of UNT. They can find other office spaces on or near UNT. 

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yep. It's pretty sweet. I am not sure if they are going to put something where Stovall use to be or just create an outdoor common space there. I wish they would hurry up and complete the outdoor area of the union. The lag in that is way over the top. The new dorms are very nice as well. The university is starting to look like an actual university from the interstate. I wish UNT would just bulldoze that old sac n save building and start the grand entry way of UNT. They can find other office spaces on or near UNT. 

Yep. We need some major curb appeal from 35 around that Sac N Save area.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I can't wait to see how it's going to look with ALL the changes in place after February, 2018.  So excited!

Rick

If that's the date for total completion you can go ahead and add at least 3 or 4 more months to that. So, over 2 more years. Construction is a beat down. I feel like we're ATM with the constant, never-ending construction. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Damn.  The new Union, new dorms new buildings, Greek houses, just overall amount of construction and growth here is flat out amazing.  If you haven't made it up here in awhile you need to check it out. GMG

Give me NTSU and keep the new buildings and the lousy academics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 34

7 hours ago, physics90 said:

Give me NTSU and keep the new buildings and the lousy academics.

I just had a friend who is a fairly high-up at a major financial institution tell me that UNT is a good school and that they have gotten several great employees from UNT,

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

It's going to be a sculpture garden. Pretty awesome rendering. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Sorry I missed you as I was there too. My daughter gave me and the fam a tour of the new Union after the game. The place is amazing! My favorite little touch is SOW in white on the green felt of the pool tables. 

Add to that just how cool the entire area around the square has become and a trip back to Denton is really a fun event. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, JRock said:

Yep. We need some major curb appeal from 35 around that Sac N Save area.

That building will eventually come down and a new one will take its place. Right now they are in the middle of a minor remodel and the outside of the building already looks better.

I assume they aren't going to put anything but green space where Stovall was so the Union looks more dominant.

I was hoping Hastings would make a comeback in the old Sack n Save building, but I will take a more appealing entrance to UNT, also. But I'm very bitter that they had to take down the UNT sign for road construction.

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

I assume they aren't going to put anything but green space where Stovall was so the Union looks more dominant.

I was hoping Hastings would make a comeback in the old Sack n Save building, but I will take a more appealing entrance to UNT, also. But I'm very bitter that they had to take down the UNT sign for road construction.

Drove past old Stovall location yesterday. It looks like there are getting ready to lay a foundation.