MGB: Frazier officially joins UNT as Benford points to next season

Brett Vito

26 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

MGB: UNT coach believes pieces are in place for breakout year in 2016-17

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/01/frazier-to-unt-official-benford-points-to-next-year.html/

One piece is missing, but I hope we can sign him by the end of March. 

I expect this to be the party line from Rick Villarreal shortly. It would be nice if Vito could get RV to address this, but I'm sure he has no comment and is praying with all his might that Benford can get to 14 wins to justify a 2 year extension. 

Because that's where I see this going. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Assuming Benford is not back next season do you think Cross might be interested? Reese and Deckie as seniors and Combs and Frazier as juniors would be nice to inherit. Throw in Brice, Brown and Lawson and you have plenty of talent.

Just now, greenminer said:

Fun discussion: next year's roster with Frazier: is it better/worse/same than Benford's first UNT roster?

Benford's first season was the best. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

“I think he will be one of the best players in our league next year,” Benford said in a prepared statement. “You look at the nucleus coming back. [When] you add Keith to that group, we have a chance to be really good next year.”

Was this statement prepared in 2012 and just recycled? Didn't he say the exact same that year about Tony Mitchell and Keith Coleman? 

On January 23, 2016 at 7:18 PM, greenminer said:

Fun discussion: next year's roster with Frazier: is it better/worse/same than Benford's first UNT roster?

Worse and it ain't even close