Juco Cody Hayes OL (Navarro ) - SIGNED LOI

TheReal_jayD

Great.  Didn't realize he was a criminal and had to get his term commuted.  Or, is he just going to commute from Fort Worth every day.  That would be a beating considering the never ending construction around 820 and then north on 35 past Western Center.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Great.  Didn't realize he was a criminal and had to get his term commuted.  Or, is he just going to commute from Fort Worth every day.  That would be a beating considering the never ending construction around 820 and then north on 35 past Western Center.

No, dummy, North Texas is a commuter school.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Currently have 3 ol commits with one being JC. Hopefully they decide they are good!

Doubt it.  On the rise programs like Houston will stockpile good recruits, grooming them to take over for the starters some day.  We, on the other hand, are just trying to sign a full class.

13 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Doubt it.  On the rise programs like Houston will stockpile good recruits, grooming them to take over for the starters some day.  We, on the other hand, are just trying to sign a full class.

We will not sign a full class! Which will work out fine for next year!

1 hour ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Any updates out there from Hayes?

Just to manage expectations, schools typically won't do an official visit unless they are very serious about offering.  Unless he's a signing day decision I would think we would hear about his decision later today or tonight.  Should be an eventful evening.

23 hours ago, Harry said:

Just to manage expectations, schools typically won't do an official visit unless they are very serious about offering.  Unless he's a signing day decision I would think we would hear about his decision later today or tonight.  Should be an eventful evening.

Still no word?  

I would think if he was offered by Houston and he wanted to go, he would have committed by now.  Houston doesn't have many spots left, so playing the waiting game with them is very risky.

If I had to guess, he is a plan B option for Houston if something doesn't come through or if there's any suprise decommits.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GOMG2013 said:

Still no word?  

I would think if he was offered by Houston and he wanted to go, he would have committed by now.  Houston doesn't have many spots left, so playing the waiting game with them is very risky.

If I had to guess, he is a plan B option for Houston if something doesn't come through or if there's any suprise decommits.

Agreed. I'd wager that he will sign on Wednesday with us.

UofH has elevated themselves to a higher plane of existence and it may actually benefit us here.  They have like 17 2016 commits and all but one are three star along with two 4 stars and a 5 star. On paper it is an outstanding class.  The key is they are ALL high school recruits.  That is what you aspire to get to if you can.  Next you try to redshirt the entire class every year.  That is what the Bama's do.  Not saying that they may not add a juco late but I would think the odds are in our favor here.  Houston gives me a lot of hope for our program and should be one we aspire to be like because there are a lot of similarities.

PS. La. Tech has still offered so I wouldn't rule them out.  They (La. Tech) owned Mac's staff for similar type guys that should have come here (closer to home, better facilities etc) but my hope is this Littrell staff can win those battles now.

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

UofH has elevated themselves to a higher plane of existence and it may actually benefit us here.  They have like 17 2016 commits and all but one are three star along with two 4 stars and a 5 star. On paper it is an outstanding class.  The key is they are ALL high school recruits.  That is what you aspire to get to if you can.  Next you try to redshirt the entire class every year.  That is what the Bama's do.  Not saying that they may not add a juco late but I would think the odds are in our favor here.  Houston gives me a lot of hope for our program and should be one we aspire to be like because there are a lot of similarities.

PS. La. Tech has still offered so I wouldn't rule them out.  They (La. Tech) owned Mac's staff for similar type guys that should have come here (closer to home, better facilities etc) but my hope is this Littrell staff can win those battles now.

U of H has done an outstanding job in a short period of time. I still don't understand why Tony Levine hasn't gotten more credit and a head job. You want to look at the future of programs look at the recruiting! UH out recruiting TEXAS! Wow! Herman to UT is my forecast ! GMG

• Upvote 1