MGB: UNT-LA Tech running blog

Brett Vito

Not much love in Ruston for a team leading CUSA West.

I was about to post the same thing. It's homecoming there too. I know we don't show up when it's raining but come on the Bulldogs fans are acting like kitty cats.. You would they are 1-7.

The first punt snap was bad and the punter made a play nobody noticed but the second punt was,worse and didn't give him a chance to make a play.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1

I wasn't expecting a win or anything close, but this performance reenforces the fact that we need to clean house. No Canales. No Cosh. No Quartaro, etc.

I would have to concur even though I like Canales.  But you don't get killed like this regularly just because of coaching.  The seeds of in conference beat downs like this start with bad recruiting.  How many UNT players start of Louisiana Tech today?   Wilson might split time with their running back and the best defensive player we have might get some significant playing time.  Does anyone else get significant playing time on offense or defense?

• Upvote 1

50 degrees and steady rain kept most of the out towners home,(Ruston is only 20,000), which for Tech is most their crowd. DFW and Houston are big alumni bases for Tech. Tech probably had 5k in Houston last week outnumbering Rice fans.

Tech has already had 1 sell-out another close one this year, which is a true 27k for both games. 

Edited by dawgxas
  • Upvote 1