Serious Question about the RV situation

GreenTexan13

I have obviously noticed over the past week that there is people for the banner and people against the banner...  I respect that  we all reserve the right to our own opinions, but we can also express our reasoning behind those opinions.

To the people that have stated, "there are better ways of approaching the campaign to remove RV". I am curious as to what you all propose is the best way of handling this and will it truly be successful if we approached it that way? 

Maybe there is a better way to remove RV, but I personally don't see it. I feel like we are running low on fumes and this is the last effort to extinguish the dumpster fire our athletic program has been enduring.

• Upvote 5

The banner is  a great idea since it has  ALREADY WORKED. You should be talking about the articles in the UNT paper about the banner & rv  along with RV already talking about those who want him out of his job.

He's already in the "Bunker Mentality" (staying to himself) , because most who I talked to after the pony game told me rv stayed under a tree not among the alumni prior to the game. you can see it on this board too. He has his supporters but they are not posting with as much resolve as most on this board.

Way to go people!

Let's roll!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The banner is  a great idea since it has  ALREADY WORKED. You should be talking about the articles in the UNT paper about the banner & rv  along with RV already talking about those who want him out of his job.

He's already in the "Bunker Mentality" (staying to himself) , because most who I talked to after the pony game told me rv stayed under a tree not among the alumni prior to the game. you can see it on this board too. He has his supporters but they are not posting with as much resolve as most on this board.

Way to go people!

Let's roll!!

Or maybe the constant questioning of his performance to the President had him bunkering down as early as this time last year, which gave him time to rally his supporters and be ready for what he seems to consider his big stand. The banner can be seen as a driver or an offshoot - basically whatever anyone chooses to believe here. Regardless, it's hilarious - for so many reasons.

• Upvote 2

Or maybe the constant questioning of his performance to the President had him bunkering down as early as this time last year, which gave him time to rally his supporters and be ready for what he seems to consider his big stand. The banner can be seen as a driver or an offshoot - basically whatever anyone chooses to believe here. Regardless, it's hilarious - for so many reasons.

I for one know that being at my loudest, brashest, angriest and most petulant has always resulted in my getting my way in life. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have obviously noticed over the past week that there is people for the banner and people against the banner...  I respect that  we all reserve the right to our own opinions, but we can also express our reasoning behind those opinions.

To the people that have stated, "there are better ways of approaching the campaign to remove RV". I am curious as to what you all propose is the best way of handling this and will it truly be successful if we approached it that way? 

Maybe there is a better way to remove RV, but I personally don't see it. I feel like we are running low on fumes and this is the last effort to extinguish the dumpster fire our athletic program has been enduring.

I'm curious if the banner donors will feel better, worse, or the same, if the banner flies Saturday and it doesn't change anything. Any ideas? 

I'm curious if the banner donors will feel better, worse, or the same, if the banner flies Saturday and it doesn't change anything. Any ideas? 

The banner will do its job by grabbing the attention of the people who have power over RV. I don't think change will happen that night, or the next day. But change will happen if they realize how serious the fans are and the how serious the situation is getting. If that is ignored... Well, the banner will probably fly at the UTEP game and you will probably see a drop off of the die hard fans when RV wins and we have to ultimately accept that he is staying for good...

• Upvote 1

Sandwiches man.   Wicked sandwiches.

• Upvote 3

Worse. I don't want RV to pick the next coach. That will extend the RV era for another five years in football.

• Upvote 1

You guys are pissing in the wind on a flat rock. If our president makes personnel based upon a flyover then I will be paying for the next banner demanding his removal.

The goal isn't to have The Prez read the banner and immediately hand RV his walking papers.   I doubt that anyone here thinks that is going to be the result.   It is intended simply to make sure that the voices of the disenfranchised are heard by those that can affect change and perhaps allow them to see that they are causing damage t what should be a proud program, fan base and institution.   It sounds to me like to much of the communication that we all have been trying to have with the administration is falling on deaf ears.   We know they will be at the game and we know they are not deaf and blind.  

-        I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.

Jefferson knew what was what...

You guys are pissing in the wind on a flat rock. If our president makes personnel based upon a flyover then I will be paying for the next banner demanding his removal.

You changed the course of UNT football history forever with a $500 ad in the Dallas Morning News, but you don't think we can do it with a plane?

Look upon our banner, Ye mighty, and despair!

• Upvote 5

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by the effect of this banner. 

Both positively and negatively.

Will RV get fired? If he wasn't going to, he still won't. 

Will there be a close examination of his record? Bet your ass there will. It's already happening. 

If it was so ineffective, why is RV pulling out ALL the stops in an attempt to protect himself from the fallout? 

Hum, goodness UNT90 you aren't supposed to use logic when talking about the RV situation.  It hurts feelings.

• Upvote 1