Bottom of the barrel

oldguystudent

Welp, there's truly nowhere to go but up.

We are #1 in the ESPN bottom 10.  We are #1 in the CBS Bottom 25.  We are #195 in the Sagarin Ratings, the lowest FBS team, lower than 66 FCS teams, high than a mere 58 FCS teams.

Let's see just what Chico can do with this train wreck over the next seven games.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

We are #195 in the Sagarin Ratings, the lowest FBS team, lower than 66 FCS teams, high than a mere 58 FCS teams.

Dear lord -- UNT is ranked 10 spots above Jacksonville University.

I was working for JU when it brought back football in 1998. It awards no scholarships. For years, games were played in an open field with a berm and no seats. They later put some bleachers on a hill and it looked like this:

http://www.stadiumsusa.com/images/thumbs/b72b05f8c45ea0ba9c0735a73cabbbc76cea756e.jpg-590x1000.png

In meetings with top school officials, I was told we added the football team so there'd be an extra 50 students enrolled. We wanted to get athletes who would pay to go to a school that let them play football because they had no other offers.

Now we're playing at the same level, according to our computer overlords. I need to lie down.

• Upvote 2