MGB: UNT-Portland State running blog

Brett Vito

Man, that's rough.  My heat is bleeding green for these players.  They deserve our support, but seems many are bailing out on the team.  One can say it isn't directed toward the players, and it mostly is not at all, but the players see the lack of support, they feel the lack of support and they take it personally.  You cannot blame them.  If you were on the team you would certainly take it personally.  All the empty seats, the black clothing and the tepid crowd noise all says "we don't care" to the players.  They are working hard and when they see this stuff it hurts.  Really tough to hear about this type of fan behavior, but given the situation it is understandable.  Understandable...but just because one can does not mean one should.

Tough times for the Mean Green faithful for sure.  

So, James, mattmartin and meangreendan.....you are saying as a 19-20 year old player, you wouldn't take it personally?  Really? Or maybe you are wearing black and think that is a great way to show your support?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 11

Kram1...with all due respect, you are delusional if you expect us to stick around and cheer for a team who looks like they don't give an S about the game they are playing...I mean you went all the way to New Zealand to avoid watching this train wreck.

Hmmmmmm....no.  Trip planned before the schedule came out, but that is beside the point.  Fair weather fans and folks who think the players don't think it is about them are the delusional ones.  Don't want to support your university unless it is all wins and bowl games?  Good for you...just go away and come back when the next wagon fills and bring your t-shirt with you. But, stop blaming everyone else for low funds, low budgets, lack of funds to hire the best coaching staffs.  Just go back and we'll see you when (if) the winning starts again.  It is the UNT so-called fan way.....talk big, support little.  With all due respect, of course.

I am fully aware of the status of this program.  But, it is MY university and that over rides the win/loss record for me.  I am here for the long road and have been since the Odus Mitchell days.  So, don't talk to me about delusional.  My support is not for any coach, Ad, staffer or individual. I've been here through all of them since.  It is for UNT....period.  If you get this, you stay and you support our programs and student-athletes.  If you don't, good for you.  It just means it's only about you and how your water cooler buddies talk.  That, Sir, seems to be the difference and it is a difference so many so-called UNT fans don't get.  And, it is a big reason why we find ourselves in the situation we are in today. Win/lose, this coach or another...I'll be there and so will my Mean Green Club donations and season ticket purchases.  It's all about scholarship dollars and paying it forward to the university who did so much for me and taught me so much.  I understand this is hard for many to understand, just watch the -1's build on this post to see what I mean.  But, it is much much bigger than a coach or a won/loss record to me.  It's all about paying forward a debt of gratitude.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

Also to clarify, if McNulty is playing QB after half time...I'm done for this year as well.

Also I would prefer not to be a "fair weather" fan, but the only voice I have with the AD is to not show up. I've been to 97% of the home games since I was a freshman, sorry that Rick's and Dan's mismanagement will be changing that.

Kram keep supporting RV, it is doing the university wonders down 35-0 to a freaking FCS team, keep up the fight for RV.

And, you keep spewing your venom.  I support UNT...period.  You obviously know zero about me or my reasons. You simply have no clue...speak for yourself.  You have enough trouble doing that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

So, James, mattmartin and meangreendan.....you are saying as a 19-20 year old player, you wouldn't take it personally?  Really? Or maybe you are wearing black and think that is a great way to show your support?

You're right. I (we) should be crapping rainbows and sunshine right now, cause this is just really awesome.  I'm not  at the game because of family obligations, which at this point I'm really glad I'm not. I am however wearing my GREEN mean green shirt and trying to keep up with this game as much as I'm able to right now. Oh and it's 45-0 now. 46 to freaking zip. This is ridiculous. 

Edited by mattmartin817

kiss my ass, you and the 17 enjoy having a stadium to yourself.

Fair weather fans would not have stuck it out this long. Take your self-righteous BS somewhere else

So mature of you! When one cannot respond appropriately it speaks volumes.  Stuck pig squeals it seems.  You don't support the program anyway, so why should you even care?  You have that "talk is cheap" thing down pat.  Go post with those other 4-5 haters.  It befits you more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Guys. Everyone is mad about what is happening. None of us are going to agree about how to deal with that anger, but lets not go after each other. We all love this program. We can all respectfully disagree. We will still be here long after this coach and AD are gone.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 4

So mature of you! When one cannot respond appropriately it speaks volumes.  Stuck pig squeals it seems.  You don't support the program anyway, so why should you even care?  You have that "talk is cheap" thing down pat.  Go post with those other 4-5 haters.  It befits you more.

you're right I refuse to support this garbage, my season ticket money goes to other scholarships on the academic side, since they use my money wisely.

Happy now, because I am happy to not support the garbage on the Bonnie Brae

• Upvote 2

Also to clarify, if McNulty is playing QB after half time...I'm done for this year as well.

Also I would prefer not to be a "fair weather" fan, but the only voice I have with the AD is to not show up. I've been to 97% of the home games since I was a freshman, sorry that Rick's and Dan's mismanagement will be changing that.

We are down and we put in Greet? Thanks for freeing up the rest of my weekends Dan...F all of this.