Homecoming Tailgate - Beverage of Choice

NTAlum09

I think the description by my avatar says all you need to know.

I'll start with Oktoberfest for the first course, then switch to Bock for the second course, and finish with Oktoberfest for the third course.

I'll not be having an inter course but the team will. They have elected to receive.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new on this forum and was wondering what everyone's beverage of choice will be at Homecoming? I'm going to be drinking Gentleman Jack with Coke to start off with. Depending on how the football game goes, it could change to Kentucky Deluxe real quick :)

are you also pretty new to drinking? there is absolutely no reason to mix $40/bottle whiskey when a $10-12 dollar (read: regular Jack or Jim Beam...which I'll regularly drink on the rocks) alternative will taste damn near the same because of the coke...your hangover is coming from the added sugar in the soft-drink, not a cheaper whiskey. if you spend that much on a bottle it's because you enjoy it straight/on rocks...at most with a bit of (soda)water...or in something like an old-fashioned (even then, you're on the high end of what makes a good cocktail)

I've a marathon coming up in a few weeks, so I'll be doing my best to avoid the brown (doubtful)...had a buddy stash a 12 pack of Ruby RedBird cans ahead of my trip and will likely pick up some of the Austin EastCiders for the gluten-free missus 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

are you also pretty new to drinking? there is absolutely no reason to mix $40/bottle whiskey when a $10-12 dollar (read: regular Jack or Jim Beam...which I'll regularly drink on the rocks) alternative will taste damn near the same because of the coke...your hangover is coming from the added sugar in the soft-drink, not a cheaper whiskey. if you spend that much on a bottle it's because you enjoy it straight/on rocks...at most with a bit of (soda)water...or in something like an old-fashioned (even then, you're on the high end of what makes a good cocktail)

I've a marathon coming up in a few weeks, so I'll be doing my best to avoid the brown (doubtful)...had a buddy stash a 12 pack of Ruby RedBird cans ahead of my trip and will likely pick up some of the Austin EastCiders for the gluten-free missus 

Lol who said I bought the bottle? Actually I won the bottle of GJ in a bet at work with my co-worker.

Now those Austin EastCiders sound tasty!

are you also pretty new to drinking? there is absolutely no reason to mix $40/bottle whiskey when a $10-12 dollar (read: regular Jack or Jim Beam...which I'll regularly drink on the rocks) alternative will taste damn near the same because of the coke...your hangover is coming from the added sugar in the soft-drink, not a cheaper whiskey.

Never knew that about whiskey, but I'm not a big whiskey drinker. When it comes to tequila, the bottom shelf stuff is truly heinous tasting and will leave you reeling the next day.

I'll be grabbing beer from the concessions with a little something extra in the event that Portland State starts running away with it...

5yCnNhD.jpgVUEkDzy.png?1

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 2

Never knew that about whiskey, but I'm not a big whiskey drinker. When it comes to tequila, the bottom shelf stuff is truly heinous tasting and will leave you reeling the next day.

I'll be grabbing beer from the concessions with a little something extra in the event that Portland State starts running away with it...

5yCnNhD.jpgVUEkDzy.png?1

Try South House Moonshine at some point - made locally from the same people who do Red River Whiskey and better than anything mass produced or a lot of what they push on you in Tennessee. They have a new distillery in Celina, too.

• Upvote 1

Try South House Moonshine at some point - made locally from the same people who do Red River Whiskey and better than anything mass produced or a lot of what they push on you in Tennessee. They have a new distillery in Celina, too.

I'll have to give it a try. Does Fossil Creek sell it? I figured on bringing a lower proof (40 proof). Trying to drown my sorrows, not f*** my s*** up.

I'll have to give it a try. Does Fossil Creek sell it? I figured on bringing a lower proof (40 proof). Trying to drown my sorrows, not f*** my s*** up.

I'm not in TX anymore, but always grabbed it at Total Wine or Specs in Plano or Dallas before they moved (and it was to Pilot Point - my bad.). My guess is it would be well represented in Denton County after moving closer to the area, but here's the website: http://jembevco.com/

really it seems the gist of this thread is that you should never settle for a beverage made in Tennessee

• Upvote 3