Audacity's New Canned Beer

UNTcrazy727

Well, since they are not long time residence of Denton that would explain a lot. Perhaps they come from a community in Colorado that fully supports their local college sports team. Things would be different if these people were born and bred in Denton and grew up in the old Denton culture. 

The lesson here is if you want to change the culture in Denton, let the old guard die out and/or get bought out by people who see the value of supporting their local University.

I should have clarified.... one of the owners is a UNT grad and apparently from Denton before school 

Well, since they are not long time residence of Denton that would explain a lot. Perhaps they come from a community in Colorado that fully supports their local college sports team. Things would be different if these people were born and bred in Denton and grew up in the old Denton culture. 

The lesson here is if you want to change the culture in Denton, let the old guard die out and/or get bought out by people who see the value of supporting their local University.

I believe John Williams is a Denton kid. Went to all Denton schools growing up before going to UNT and becoming a great supporter of the university and the city.

They are from Denton. The owner went to UNT.

Denton supports UNT fine. The problem is that UNT has not been willing to embrace Denton. Now this year there has been a bit of movement from the athletic department to embrace Denton culture. Audacity are large sponsors this year and if you don't think there was likely push-back from AB and MillerCoors over this beer being so prominently featured at football games, then you're not paying attention.

If AB and MillerCoors are pissed, put a Green battle flag on your can/bottle and we'll drink that one up too...as if we wouldn't drink it anyway.

Denton supports UNT fine. The problem is that UNT has not been willing to embrace Denton. Now this year there has been a bit of movement from the athletic department to embrace Denton culture. Audacity are large sponsors this year and if you don't think there was likely push-back from AB and MillerCoors over this beer being so prominently featured at football games, then you're not paying attention.

Denton business might support UNT, but I don't think the average Denton citizen cares much about supporting UNT athletics. And I don't think that's a result of UNT not "willing to embrace Denton" (whatever that means). I just think it's because UNT athletics have mostly sucked the past 40 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And the fact that for those 40 years UNT has bullied the city. Still do, in fact, although I'd say the athletic department doesn't, more so the administration. See: the power plant they're putting in the Bernard neighborhood instead of in one of the numerous empty lots the university doesn't use.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with people coming to football games. If UNT put a consistent winner on the field no one would care about politics when it came to Saturday afternoons.

Does anyone know how I can some of this beer delivered to me here San Antonio?

Went to the website and couldn't find any delivery options.

I went to the release event and also got some cans at Midway.

Since I live in Houston I also wanted to know how to get ahold of them. And good news!

They'll be in HEBs across the state in October, according to the co-owner.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I went to the release event and also got some cans at Midway.

Since I live in Houston I also wanted to know how to get ahold of them. And good news!

They'll be in HEBs across the state in October, according to the co-owner.

Thanks for the help I will be keeping a look out for the beer at HEB. Do you know if its HEB plus's or all the HEB's? 

FYI, Audacity is being distributed by the local AB distributer BEK Beers.  Also the Hooters in Denton is now serving 4 of their beers (Sunset, Bulletproof (the beer with said can), solar eclipse, and Black Widow) and once they finish expanding their beer taps they will be serving the ENTIRE Audacity line.  

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen Bullettproof in stores yet?   I'm planning on making the drive to Denton tonight and would like to purchase mass quantities. 

I'm running to town in a bit and will check at the midway mart and metzlers...

• Upvote 1

Sept 10, get Audacity with a co-branded NT glass at East Side. Other venues over the next two weeks, but East Side gets my vote.

Join your Mean Green Athletic family for Mean Green Pint Nights in Denton this and next week! While supplies last, those that purchase an Audacity beverage during the event will receive a co-branded North Texas and Audacity pint glass.

September 10th at East Side from 7-9 PM

GMG