Attendance graph for each UNT home game of the 2011-12-13-14 seasons

Harry

No Doubt, Jamario was the best back I ever saw play for us. His balance and break away speed were awesome.

I don't think I've ever posted this story on the board before.  Jamario's balance was INCREDIBLE.  He made the most athletic play I have ever seen in person, and I don't think the crowd even noticed it because the elevated angle (and traffic around the play) made it impossible to see.  

The team is at midfield, Jamario takes a handoff going left, the defense blitzes in that direction, he sees the hole to the right and makes a cut.  And slips on the eagle logo at midfield...

So he is skating on one leg, the other leg is throw out in front of him.  On the leg that he is planted, his knee is bent back past 45 degrees, his upper leg and body are close to parallel to the ground.  99.999% of people on earth fall flat on their butt at this point.  But not Jamario.

He had the balance (and core/lower body strength) to right himself.  That by itself is enough to be the most amazing athletic feat I have ever seen.  Then, as he is almost fully righted, the blitzing CB gets to him.  Instead of wrapping Jamario up he tries to sportscenter (dun dun dun dadadundun) blow him up and launches himself full speed into Jamario's upper body.  

Now think about that impact, Jamario is more or less at dead even momentum.  He is just barely getting righted so he can run again.  The CB had at least ten yards to run full speed and launch himself shoulder first into Jamario's upper body.  Again, 99.999% of people just fall down.  Again, Jamario just takes the impact, gets blasted back a few feet (all the while churning his feet to keep his balance) and then sprints around the tackle for a 10 yd gain.  

From the stands, I don't think the fans could see how close he came to falling.  Everyone on the field was amazed.  I turned to the photographer next to me and asked him if he had just seen that (using more colorful language), he just sat their open mouthed and shook his head with amazement.  

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 3