You don't think they've done enough to redeem themselves for all the war crimes they committed?

there are probably a few people on the islands of Honshu and Kyushu who would feel a Japanese world cup win would push the ledger a bit more towards even. 

• Upvote 1

Are they going to line up and fire muskets at each other?

Nope...only the English side will line up in a straight line right down the road and wear red while the US will get to wear whatever they want, and fire from behind trees, rocks and fence lines.

Are you kidding me?  England loses in the 92nd min. On an own goal!  How disappointing is that for England?  Wow....terrible result.  Really feel bad for England.  They actually played a pretty darn good game against the reigning World Cup champs.  No way it should have ended this way.

So, now the U.S. Gets a shot at redemption in the finals?  USA! USA!

• Upvote 1

Wow!  5-2 USA!  Where was that offense the rest of the Cup?  Carli Lloyd for player of the match!  Does she win the Golden Boit as well and Hope a Solo the GK best crown?  Amazing and complete game for the US tonight.  Great to see Abby and Rampone get in the game.  They have both been great players for the US team for some years now!

Great to see the Cup return to the U.S.  Defense won this Cup for the US.  Many unsung here's on that defense, but future looks good for the U.S. women.  Will they overtake Germany for world number one?  My guess....yes...on the basis of this cup win.  

Good Cup...great to see.  Well Carli Lloyd gets the Silver Boit based on the third tiebreaker...minutes played.  Yep...Hope a Solo gets Golden Glove award.  OK...no jokes about a boxing glove instead...I know you were thinking of that...yes, you were...I am watching you CBL.  Carli Lloyd does get the Golden Ball for the top player in the tournament.  Well deserved!

So, congrats to the U.S. Women!  Great job!

• Upvote 2

Well Carli Lloyd gets the Silver Boit based on the third tiebreaker...minutes played.  Yep...Hope a Solo gets Golden Glove award.  Carli Lloyd does get the Golden Ball for the top player in the tournament.  

But Alex Morgan gets my heart

• Upvote 2

Great TV viewership numbers for the finals.  Actually beat out the ratings on the last men's World Cup final.  But I believe that one was between Germany and Brazil...as such, the US was not playing.  None the less, the ratings were terrific for soccer in general and for women's soccer in specific.  Glad to see this.  However, we will wait to see if this translates into any better support for the women's professional league.  It really didn't after the last World Cup, but lots more young ladies playing now.  We'll see...we'll see.  Hope so. 

Great TV viewership numbers for the finals.  Actually beat out the ratings on the last men's World Cup final.  But I believe that one was between Germany and Brazil...as such, the US was not playing.  None the less, the ratings were terrific for soccer in general and for women's soccer in specific.  Glad to see this.  However, we will wait to see if this translates into any better support for the women's professional league.  It really didn't after the last World Cup, but lots more young ladies playing now.  We'll see...we'll see.  Hope so. 

Here is an interesting article on just that subject. Worth a read and makes some great points. The key is going to be turning some of the momentum into a meaningful increase in visibility.

• Upvote 1

Here is an interesting article on just that subject. Worth a read and makes some great points. The key is going to be turning some of the momentum into a meaningful increase in visibility.

I'm not a soccer fan but I am fan of the USA.  For a big event like this and if the US is playing, I'll tune in.  Otherwise, I'll read about it or catch highlights later.

I'm not a soccer fan but I am fan of the USA.  For a big event like this and if the US is playing, I'll tune in.  Otherwise, I'll read about it or catch highlights later.

sort of the way I feel about ice hockey.  Understand your thought.

• Upvote 1