6'7 310 Sophmore Neville product wanted to say hello and thanks

I think talking to this guy might fall under some kind of bylaw in the event that he actually ended up playing at UNT or even gets recruited by UNT. 

​I thought it was only if we tried to influence his decision. If he reads this board, our talking won't need to influence his decision, our looney toon posts will do that on their own(mine included).

• Upvote 3

If I wanted to influence this young man, which I'm not, I would tell him that I like his phrasing of "THE Apogee", which I won't do either.  If he wanted to, which I can't influence, I would hope he comes to all our home games, which I also can't influence, and to cheer, only if he is so moved, for the Mean Green.

Welcome to any and all athletes interested in joining the Mean Green family.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 5

Be careful here folks.  GMG.Com is a fan board and thus could be considered "booster" influence.  This stuff can get interesting fast.  So, I really think this one should be handled very carefully.  Might want to just let those better qualified wishing the athletic dept. handle this one.  Just sayin.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I have always wondered how something like this may or may not be a ok, yet high school coaches constantly influence players. Guyer clearly has its "favorite colleges". It would make sense for their best players to come to unt and stay local, but instead they get whispers of go to UT and OSU. That's what's truly ridiculous. The fact local coaches do not attempt to keep talent local as they progress on their collegiate endeavors is a real shame!! (One might even say a huge joke!) 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I have always wondered how something like this may or may not be a ok, yet high school coaches constantly influence players. Guyer clearly has its "favorite colleges". It would make sense for their best players to come to unt and stay local, but instead they get whispers of go to UT and OSU. That's what's truly ridiculous. The fact local coaches do not attempt to keep talent local as they progress on their collegiate endeavors is a real shame!! (One might even say a huge joke!) 

What one could call a joke is coaches not being able to bring in that local talent. Well, on the other hand, the joke could be not keeping that talent on ones team more than a year.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2