Rivalry

MCMLXXX

Are you serious? The context of discussion is building a venue, by implication an on site facility, as a test or requirement for legitimate existence. I gave 2 examples to show the statement is untrue. Your response was I was delusional? Wow. Are you too cognitively stunted to follow A train of thought? Your response was totally embarrassing and degrading to UNT. If this is the typical discourse of a grad your school is screwed.

Go build a stadium on campus, them come back and talk to us.

Hell, go do anything to earn what you have been GIVEN.

The only freaking thing Craphole has is the almighty TV market, and that is the ONLY reason that Craphole was allowed into CUSA.

Go freaking earn something, anything. Please.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Go build a stadium on campus, them come back and talk to us.

Hell, go do anything to earn what you have been GIVEN.

The only freaking thing Craphole has is the almighty TV market, and that is the ONLY reason that Craphole was allowed into CUSA.

Go freaking earn something, anything. Please.

And you dont think we should have a rivalry with them??

They earned a 2-0 record against UNT

• Upvote 2

And you dont think we should have a rivalry with them??

They earned a 2-0 record against UNT

No, I think they are irrelevant. The victories iver us didn't magically sprout an on campus stadium or any other facilities. If that craphole was in Midland, they would be begging the Sun Belt to let them in and the Sun Belt would say no.

And they don't say no to anyone.

To see these D-bags come on here and put down Texas St.'s stadium when Texas St has been playing football about 100 years longer than Craphole and actually OWNS THEIR OWN ON CAMPUS STADIUM just reinforces my perception of their delusional fan base (all 20 of them).

Morons.

Texas State would have been the better addition to CUSA, but the almighty TV market blinded CUSA to all of Craphole's other weaknesses. Sad.

Edited by UNT90

No, I think they are irrelevant. The victories iver us didn't magically sprout an on campus stadium or any other facilities. If that craphole was in Midland, they would be begging the Sun Belt to let them in and the Sun Belt would say no.

To see these D-bags come on here and put down Texas St.'s stadium when Texas St has been playing football about 100 years longer than Craphole and actually OWNS THEIR OWN ON CAMPUS STADIUM just reinforces my perception of their delusional fan base (all 20 of them).

Morons.

Texas State would have been the better addition to CUSA, but the almighty TV market blinded CUSA to all of Craphole's other weaknesses. Sad.

They received a victory over us at our stadium, which is on campus. UNT just started building an athletic center and we've been around for YEARS, things take time.

If we were in Midland, we would also be in the Southland Conference and begging for the Sun Belt. One of the main reasons why we're in CUSA is because we are in the DFW.

They have a rivalry against TX State, that says a lot more about their program than ours,

• Upvote 4

Morons.

Sorry to break it to you, but we're just as irrelevant as UTSA. At least UTSA's excuse is that they've only been playing for a few years...what's ours?

• Upvote 5

We applied for CUSA membership and were told our facilities needed improvement. WE made said improvements before we were allowed entry.

We worked to get here.

They didnt do a one thing. Hell they weren't even FBS when they were accepted.

All they had was the almighty TV market.

And that's still all they have.

Lets see how that rented, dilapidated stadium looks with 15k in it this year.

Die Craphole.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We applied for CUSA membership and were told our facilities needed improvement. WE made said improvements before we were allowed entry.

We worked to get here.

They didnt do a one thing. Hell they weren't even FBS when they were accepted.

All they had was the almighty TV market.

And that's still all they have.

Lets see how that rented, dilapidated stadium looks with 15k in it this year.

Die Craphole.

We had a track around our football field and a stadium that was built in the 50's. The Alamodome opened in '93, thats a big difference. No one cares if its on campus or not, Miami plays 25 mins away. CUSA already had the DFW TV market; SMU. Once SMU left, we joined.

• Upvote 3

In fairness, if NT had been willing to accept renting Texas Stadium as their home stadium in 1979 then they would not have spent years in 1AA hell. It would have had to have been done in 1979, any later and it would not have counted for the 1980 season which was what the NCAA required to have happened.

SMU played off campus at a city owned facility for decades. So did Tulane. So did Houston. I think Miami, USC, UCLA and Rutgers still do.

Anyone else notice when UNT90 is talking about UTSA he sounds exactly like an Aggie talking about UT? The same type of irrational comments, the same ignoring of basic facts? He sounds exactly like someone talking about their rival school.

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 6

He sounds exactly like someone talking about their rival school.

Only because you like to shoehorn the AD party line whenever and where ever you can. :-)

This isn't a rivalry. I would hope we respect ourselves more than that. Sadly, it's painfully obvious some on here don't respect UNT more than a craphole that has been playing football 4 years and has no facilities. Some don't respect what UNT has done to improve it's own athletic facilities by comparing UNT to that craphole.

It really is a problem with our culture. It comes from years of abuse that is being a UNT athletics fan. We've been told so many times that we aren't better than anyone that some on here actually believe it.

Sad, really.

Edited by UNT90

Call part of my hate jealousy, I don't really care. My issue with 90 is that his "they aren't our rivals" is inane when he has created a rivalry. UTSA players and fans couldn't engage any other Texas team except us in conference and then latched onto us, making it their goal to beat the ever-living snot out of us because of 90's rants. To us, prior to the past two seasons, UTSA was just another team. The fact that UTSA has come out guns blazing, flipping off students and engaging everyone on social media shows that we are the game they circle each year until they play TxState again. Why have they done this? Because to them, UNT, which has struggled for years, looks down on them. And for UTSA to get where they want to be, they need to start somewhere and 90's diatribes are a good place to start.

So much unintentional comedic gold in this post.

So much unintentional comedic gold in this post.

It's not unintentional. I engage them plenty now, because it's a rivalry. It's a rivalry that I take part in because they latched onto us and it became our rivalry. Because of you. Personally, I think our trophy should be the UNT90 trophy.

I engage them because they engaged me because they thought I was you. UTSA struggles at reading comprehension.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If UNT90 only knew the kinds of awful things Skip Holtz was saying about his momma, he'd change his focus. I've heard them with my own ears. Awful. Just, awful.

I here UNT90 will be replacing Corso on Gameday due to his witty Internet internetness that manufactured a rivalry from thin air.

Lol.

Young Ryan, me thinks you take what happens in your own minute slice of the world and apply it FAR to generously to the world in general.

Oh, of course UTSA fans think I'm you. That's what I told them...

And yes, I did just refer to myself in 3rd person, Mofos!

• Downvote 2

I here UNT90 will be replacing Corso on Gameday due to his witty Internet internetness that manufactured a rivalry from thin air.

Lol.

Young Ryan, me thinks you take what happens in your own minute slice of the world and apply it FAR to generously to the world in general.

Sure!

You aren't the topic of conversation on RowdyTalk, and all of the prevalent UTSA twitters right now. Not at all.

Players on UTSA are on Twitter. They follow major UTSA twitter accounts. Who tweet/discuss/link to your rants initially. That, then, gets posted on bulletin boards.

Sounds like a rivalry.

Edited by Ryan Munthe

Lol.

huh?

• Upvote 1