Rivalry

MCMLXXX

Only because you like to shoehorn the AD party line whenever and where ever you can. :-)

This isn't a rivalry. I would hope we respect ourselves more than that. Sadly, it's painfully obvious some on here don't respect UNT more than a craphole that has been playing football 4 years and has no facilities. Some don't respect what UNT has done to improve it's own athletic facilities by comparing UNT to that craphole.

It really is a problem with our culture. It comes from years of abuse that is being a UNT athletics fan. We've been told so many times that we aren't better than anyone that some on here actually believe it.

Sad, really.

Please tell us who you think we should have a rival with.. I mean, we can just force one because we've been around for so long.

• Upvote 1

You complain about RV taking too much time to fire Benford, but you've been a MG fan for years and still dont know who our rival is/should be.

ummmmm.....

Nothing like comparing unrelated events, one which is completely controllable and one which has to develop naturally.

• Downvote 1

Only because you like to shoehorn the AD party line whenever and where ever you can. :-)

This isn't a rivalry. I would hope we respect ourselves more than that. Sadly, it's painfully obvious some on here don't respect UNT more than a craphole that has been playing football 4 years and has no facilities. Some don't respect what UNT has done to improve it's own athletic facilities by comparing UNT to that craphole.

It really is a problem with our culture. It comes from years of abuse that is being a UNT athletics fan. We've been told so many times that we aren't better than anyone that some on here actually believe it.

Sad, really.

This has nothing to do with the quixotic attempt to have RV fired.

You created a derogatory nickname for use by NT fans when refering to UTSA that has stuck. You write more about them being somehow unworthy because they do exactly the same thing for facilities dozens of P5 teams have done and many still do. You write more column inches about USTA than any other school in CUSA. You have single handedly become the focus of many of their fans when thinking about NT.

Face, UNT90 personally has personally spent more time and energy to generate a rivalry between USTA and NT than anyone else, including anyone on the athletic staff!

• Upvote 5

This has nothing to do with the quixotic attempt to have RV fired.

You created a derogatory nickname for use by NT fans when refering to UTSA that has stuck. You write more about them being somehow unworthy because they do exactly the same thing for facilities dozens of P5 teams have done and many still do. You write more column inches about USTA than any other school in CUSA. You have single handedly become the focus of many of their fans when thinking about NT.

Face, UNT90 personally has personally spent more time and energy to generate a rivalry between USTA and NT than anyone else, including anyone on the athletic staff!

Lol.

My "attempt to have RV fired?" Some of you really really need to step away from the Internet. I have zero power to influence anyone at UNT to do anything with RV. The only thing I can hope is they see some of the concerns raised and ask questions.

That is a hope. I highly doubt that has ever occurred.

I write about Craphole because it is simply amazing to me how little self worth so many UNT fans have when it comes to athletics. You are perfectly happy to compare UNT to a startup Craphole of a school that got lucky because they were in a television market.

Have some sort of UNT self respect, will you?

Oh, and there is only one person on this forum that calls them Craphole, and that's me.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1

Lol.

My "attempt to have RV fired?" Some of you really really need to step away from the Internet. I have zero power to influence anyone at UNT to do anything with RV. The only thing I can hope is they see some of the concerns raised and ask questions.

That is a hope. I highly doubt that has ever occurred.

I write about Craphole because it is simply amazing to me how little self worth so many UNT fans have when it comes to athletics. You are perfectly happy to compare UNT to a startup Craphole of a school that got lucky because they were in a television market.

Have some sort of UNT self respect, will you?

Oh, and there is only one person on this forum that calls them Craphole, and that's me.

You don't give yourself enough credit.

• Upvote 1

You are perfectly happy to compare UNT to a startup Craphole of a school that got lucky because they were in a television market.

I think you're confusing "wanting to beat them at everything and rubbing in their faces" with "compare on the same level".

Edit: "wanting to beat them at everything because we're better and rubbing it in their faces"

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 1

Quality entertainment.

:beer:

This thread is a waste of time. In order for there to be a rivalry, one team must beat the other at least occasionally.

/thread

Freaking great.

I imagine you guys came over via a link on your website about this thread?

Thanks UNT90. Now we have to deal with this crap.

The voice of Mean Green athletics for the last 25 years has been very vocal of who he strongly dislikes and I wholeheartedly agree with him. They look down at us and that is fine, but when we start consistently beating the hell outta them they'll start dislike us (more than they already honestly do).

Russia State?

• Upvote 2