DMN All Area Team

NT03

So...nUTSAck has 1 on each team and here we are actually a part of the area that these players fall under and we have 0. Thanks Mac for your diligence. FML.

GMG

FML? over football recruiting?

or did you 14 year old sister log in under your name?

• Upvote 4

Where have you been? This isn't a trend, it's our history.

Todd Dodge came in with HS HC experience and he was able to recruit at what turned out to be a high level.

Mac talks and talks and talks about the experience himself and his staff have and that they know what they're doing. Well...apparently recruiting is something they don't know how to do..at all. It'd be interesting to see what kind of recruiting success Mac has had as the HC at IA St and as an assistant elsewhere. Was HE the one ever landing highly touted recruits...my bet is no.

If. You. Can't. Recruit. You. Will. Not. Win.

Mac needs a personality lift...do they have those yet?

I'm sorry...I'll go find a Dr/lawyer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mac needs a personality lift? Hell, he's all personality and energy. We might have recruiting issues, but Mac's personality isn't the problem.

He has energy, no doubt. But I can't imagine a high profile recruit talking to Mac and wanting to come here.

"KID, THINGS ARE ABOUT TO HAPPEN HERE AT NORTH TEXAS. IM NOT SURE WHAT BUT SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN AND THERES NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AT FLORIDA AND WE DID THIS AND THAT AND YABBA DABA DO BARNEY FIVE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS ***takes deep breathe and...*** AND WE ARE GOING TO DEFEND APOGEE AND THIS AND THAT AND THE OTHER AND THERES NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. LOVE ME RESPECT SOMEONE WORK HARD DONT STEAL SHIT AND YOU CAN COME HERE AND EARN A SPOT AND THE WORLD COULD BE ENDING BC GLOBAL WARMING MIGHT ACTUALLY BE REAL."

That is what I hear in his pressers. If he takes that approach with these 17 & 18 year olds then I can see why we are struggling. And that is the only approach he knows...loud, run on sentences of vastly emptiness, almost always generalized statements that carry little to no weight...

But then again.."this is only the beginning..."

The beginning of what...the end?

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You couldnt be more wrong gooding...mac's personality may be the only thing working.

Yes, he's old school.

Yes, there's been evaluation issues

Yes, there are limited funds

But Mac can't suck at everything. You dont get to 9-4 by doing EVERYTHING wrong like some of yall think.

No, you do it with the previous guy's players

• Downvote 1

I may be in the minority!! But I think the programs is in a better place today than the day Dodge left!! Yeah we may not get ever prospect we go after but even the University of Texas and the USC of the world don't get every prospect they offer.. Rome wasn't built in a day! And I don't care who the coach is if you have sub QB play like we had last year it's hard to finish better than 4 and 8! Maybe if we had a little more support it might be a little easier to recruit, but even with out the support I think the staff is doing a pretty damn good job!! GMG

• Upvote 1

I may be in the minority!! But I think the programs is in a better place today than the day Dodge left!! Yeah we may not get ever prospect we go after but even the University of Texas and the USC of the world don't get every prospect they offer.. Rome wasn't built in a day! And I don't care who the coach is if you have sub QB play like we had last year it's hard to finish better than 4 and 8! Maybe if we had a little more support it might be a little easier to recruit, but even with out the support I think the staff is doing a pretty damn good job!! GMG

I'll say it AGAIN, because it bears repeating, being better off than we were under the worst coach in the history of college football is nothing to hang our hats on. Nor is being better off as an athletic department than we were under Craig Helwig. Nor is being better off (arguably) in women's hoops than we were under Shanice Stephens.

When will we stop defining "success" as better than the absolute worst it could be?

• Downvote 1

If you mean 1 game better (3-9 vs 4-8), then you are right.

Results and recruiting are the only thing we know for sure. Everything else is speculation.

• Downvote 1

Dillman is the only TE on the list. Was ranked #30 on the Area Top 100 list at one point, now #79. So very happy about this commitment.

UTSA's listing is #100, and was NR until this latest update.

SMU has 4 on the list, including 3 WR's, and a few listing SMU as offers still undecided.

Noticed TCU has 11 on the list, including 4 of the 8 listed as Athletes (two of them listed at 160 pounds). Got to admire the recruiting philosophy and talent assessment in FW.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell