MGC Numbers + Estimated FB Season Tickets Sold

greenit

So explain this to me, Just about every time I do a search for something on the internet, (for example travel trailers). and I finish looking at a product (Forest River for example) and then go back to my yahoo mail page, or even GMG page, I'll get pop-up ads for every local business that sells Forest River RV's AND their daily specials.

Are you saying that the same thing does not happen every time someone goes to the North Texas athletic dept web-site and looks up information about Mean Green sports?

Sure it can, depending upon what sort of advertising package they've purchased. But that's not anywhere near the same thing. You seeing a well-placed ad (if they decide to pay for one) isn't the same as them getting your email/phone number/address/whatever in order to contact you personally. He was bemoaning the fact that we can't get Ticketmaster to share information on customers. Intelligent browser ads have nothing to do with someone sharing your contact or consumer information.

• Upvote 1

I agree that the AD office will not put these goals on themselves unless required to do so.

It is the president's responsibility to define the requirements/goals for the AD. The AD is provided with a staff to help him meets his goals.

Actually, the Athletic Dept. has set a public goal of 2500 Mean Green Club members. It has been sent out through email and I have heard John Nitardy speak publicly regarding the goal.

Edit: Well, I see, as usual, there are those here who just can't stand the truth. Typical. If you are a Mean Green Club member you received the email announcing the "Get 15" campaign along with the publicly stated goal of 2500 members. If you are not a MGC member and are spouting off here about what should or should not be done, then perhaps you should think about that. Memberships start at $25. John Nitardy has spoken in public about this goal as well. I was there to hear him talk about it and the reasons behind the new minimum $25 level. But, to those who find some fault in letting folks know, well....only at North Texas. Still don't believe it? PM me with your email address and I will forward the email to you...then you can sign on the link and join the MGC, right?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Not that it matters, but MGC member and proud owner of 4 season tickets for football. Attend men's basketball as well, but no season tickets yet.

Okay so you got me to go read my personal email. I see a couple of emails and I see that the email on the 18th even has a progress goal at the bottom of the email. Nice!

That is good news that a goal of 2,500 MGC members has been communicated publicly. I have heard of the Get 15 campaign, but somehow missed the 2,500 goal associated with the campaign. I will get started on reaching out to anyone I know that went to UNT to at least join at the Spriki level, if not higher if possible.

Let's do the same with season tickets! Are you aware of anything new/upcoming programs involving season tickets? There is too good a story to tell at UNT and lots of great things going on. We may not have a ton of big money donors, but one thing we do have on our side is numbers of alumni. Sounds like the new program is designed to try to re-engage some of those alumni.

I remember reading an article within the last year that discussed season ticket numbers at certain schools. The thing I took away from the article was that the more successful schools had a season ticket base of roughly 30-35% of their capacity. For us that would put us at a nice round number of 10,000, which is why I used it.

I don't know what we can do, but I don't have any issues helping out if there is something I can provide. You have seen a lot of this first hand. What is our challenge when it comes to reaching out to our alumni?

Do we have the alumni contact we need in order to reach out to them? There were comments made on the board previously that was unclear on whether the AD currently has the information it needs or whether the university has the info but chooses not to share it with the AD (somewhat understandable, but disappointing all the same). If we are lacking the information we need, there are some creative ways I can think of to gather alumni info if the information is not available from the university. Is it something else?

I watched UAB go from roughly 10k average attendance to over 20k and go from 5k season tickets to 10k season tickets when they made a concerted push this last season. They made such a push because they were motivated by trying to save their program and they got it done. Unfortunately for them, they waited too long before they found their motivation. I don't want to see us wait that long.

Edited by greenit

One key point in greenit's post is to make sure we have the contact info to communicate with alumni. Most of the ones I see are out of state, but I still try to make sure that as many as possible have their info updated with the Alumni Association. The only problem is, as pointed out herein, that this information isn't shared with the AD. But hopefully that is soon to be rectified. But in the meantime, if you know alumni who aren't getting any communications from the University, ask them if it's okay to pass on their contact info so they'll get all of the magazines and mailers and such.

Actually, the Athletic Dept. has set a public goal of 2500 Mean Green Club members. It has been sent out through email and I have heard John Nitardy speak publicly regarding the goal.

Edit: Well, I see, as usual, there are those here who just can't stand the truth. Typical. If you are a Mean Green Club member you received the email announcing the "Get 15" campaign along with the publicly stated goal of 2500 members. If you are not a MGC member and are spouting off here about what should or should not be done, then perhaps you should think about that. Memberships start at $25. John Nitardy has spoken in public about this goal as well. I was there to hear him talk about it and the reasons behind the new minimum $25 level. But, to those who find some fault in letting folks know, well....only at North Texas. Still don't believe it? PM me with your email address and I will forward the email to you...then you can sign on the link and join the MGC, right?

Goals mean nothing if consequences are not attached.

Was there a time frame for achieving 2500? Or just a "we would really like to get to 2500, now you guys go out and do it"?

Do you seriously think RV will hold anyone accountable for this goal? We shall see.

It does give me something new to monitor, so I thank you for that. ;-)

• Upvote 4

So the goal of 2,500 members coincides with the addition of the Spiriki level? I am all for getting as many people involved as possible, but can't help but feel like the standards were lowered a bit. Converting those Spiriki members to donate at the previous minimum levels is going to take a lot of hard work and undoubtedly success on the field/court in the coming years.

• Upvote 1

I hope they do something similar with season tickets. Everybody they sign up as a new member, I hope they can figure out a way to sell them 2 season tickets for around $100. The seats can be in the wing zone or in the upper level on the ends, but do something to get the numbers up.

Yes, it may take work on someone's part to grow the numbers. Especially those who are being compensated to do so.

I hope they do something similar with season tickets. Everybody they sign up as a new member, I hope they can figure out a way to sell them 2 season tickets for around $100. The seats can be in the wing zone or in the upper level on the ends, but do something to get the numbers up.

Yes, it may take work on someone's part to grow the numbers. Especially those who are being compensated to do so.

Numbers up is always good. My only point is we are seeing an increase in the goal paired with a simultaneous lowering of the standards to reach it.

Not that I can fit the bill yet but is the donation 12,500 for club level seats, plus 500 MGC plus 375 for ticket a per seat deal or could I add a seat for 375? Is that 375 per game?[/quote

The cost per seat for the donation depends upon location. $12500 per seat being the largest. You then are required to pay a min. MGC donation each year...currently $500, plus the cost of the tickets. I believe last year was $375 per seat...per season... NOT per game.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I suppose that there are some advantages to the "club level" seating. But when I was up there for the signing day event two years ago, I stepped outside and looked out on the field. The few people that were down on the field looked like ants to me. You might as well be home watching the game on TV as far as I'm concerned. Location wise, Section 105 is the perfect fit for me.

Besides, the coaches can't hear me if I'm in the "club" section yelling that we're getting out coached.............. B)

• Upvote 1

I suppose that there are some advantages to the "club level" seating. But when I was up there for the signing day event two years ago, I stepped outside and looked out on the field. The few people that were down on the field looked like ants to me. You might as well be home watching the game on TV as far as I'm concerned. Location wise, Section 105 is the perfect fit for me.

Besides, the coaches can't hear me if I'm in the "club" section yelling that we're getting out coached.............. B)

Happy you like your seats. As you, I love my Club seats and love the view as well. I have been to stadiums where the players look like ants and that is certainly not my Club seat view. Maybe my eyes are better...Ha! Anyway... No seat is better or worse than any other depending upon what one looks for in a seat. One thing that makes my seats for me is the friends I have sitting near me. So, whatever floats your boat when it comes to seat location...point is...just buy seats...somewhere anywhere. Location...your call. Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Club seats give you a full, unobstructed overview of the field where you can watch any element of the game you want. It's easy to focus on the secondary for a couple of plays, then the Dline, etc.

It's also mighty convenient on those hot September afternoons and those cold November nights to be able to head inside to a climate controlled environment and get the same exact view from behind the glass.

Of course, you don't get to feel the hits and there isn't quite the bonding with other season ticket holders as you have in the peasant section... Oh, I mean general grandstands. So that is a minus. But, as of this writing, you can always mosey on down to the peasant section, grab yourself a seat, and pretend to be a common man if the weather is nice. Ii've done this several times and it's never been a problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have seen that the Club seats are $75 per game. At $375 per season, that implies club level patrons have only been paying for 5 home games.Is this true for ALL club level patrons?

Left over club seats were raised to $90 a game this year, I believe.

The price to club seat holders is different than the price of open club seats, I would think.

Club seats give you a full, unobstructed overview of the field where you can watch any element of the game you want. It's easy to focus on the secondary for a couple of plays, then the Dline, etc.

It's also mighty convenient on those hot September afternoons and those cold November nights to be able to head inside to a climate controlled environment and get the same exact view from behind the glass.

Of course, you don't get to feel the hits and there isn't quite the bonding with other season ticket holders as you have in the peasant section... Oh, I mean general grandstands. So that is a minus. But, as of this writing, you can always mosey on down to the peasant section, grab yourself a seat, and pretend to be a common man if the weather is nice. Ii've done this several times and it's never been a problem.

Well aren't you cute....trying to be all provocative and everything. Just to remind you and to give you some perspective. To everyone occupying reserved seats (club or otherwise) at those two private schools south of us on the twin 35's......we're all peasants up here. OR, if you will. From a famous comedy album of my generation (Firesign Theatre)..... to SMU and TCU......"We're all Bozos on this bus".

I can see all the same stuff you listed from section 105. AND I get the pleasure of being just a few rows up from Eagle-hand-puppet man, and his friend. I get to sit just behind the long suffering (because he has to sit in front of me) Stix. Plus FFR and the acerbic Emmitt and his crew....which includes Rudy.

The club seat area couldn't possibly top that............ B)

I get to sit just behind the long suffering (because he has to sit in front of me) Stix. Plus FFR and the acerbic Emmitt and his crew....which includes Rudy.

LOL! At least I know the coaches don't have to walk past you coming down from the press box. I can't imagine what it was like for your neighbors that day.