Oklahoma State (12/3/14)

CMJ

Imagine if we had been able to bring in forte. When we signed CJ I believe that helped make his choice to go to OSU.

Forte's decision was related to wherever Nash went. They are best friends.

You guys are both wrong on this one. Forte was class of 2012, while those other guys (CJ, Jordan, Nash) were 2011. And Forte's best friend and HS teammate who he went in a package deal to Ok State with was Marcus Smart, now of the Bostom Celtics.

Next year is looking solid though.

4 of 5 starters this year are seniors, including our only two scorers averaging double digits. Need to see some more production from the young guys before that claim has any true potential, other than hopeful optimism.

Yea I guess everyone knew a team with a 5 foot nothing point guard would be out rebounding us.

Because point guard is the position that makes the difference in rebounding.
  • Upvote 2

But all those Lamar universities, Jackson States, and Cameron's were really huge games 5 years ago right?????

Are you really going to argue that whether we are good 5 years ago? We proved it a few years in a row that we were good at then. What have we seen that shows us we are worth a damn. 5 years ago we beat teams that weren't just the Cameron's. What about the past few years? This team isn't going to be much different.

The announcers, like the players,the coaches, and anyone else who knows basketball just agreed that this will be a top 3 or 4 team in Confrence usa. Everyone seems to know this team but it's fan base. We really need wesley to get his bussines together and help this team.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Are you really going to argue that whether we are good 5 years ago? We proved it a few years in a row that we were good at then. What have we seen that shows us we are worth a damn. 5 years ago we beat teams that weren't just the Cameron's. What about the past few years? This team isn't going to be much different.

Who did we beat 5 years ago? Even CMJ said johhny did what he needed to do. He beat his cupcakes on the schwduale and have one upset before dominating Confrence play. CUSA is a lot tougher and we are still contending. For decades we have not beat good teams. Maybe you should just go look at our past schedules on meangreensports because you clearly never watched any games. We beat tech (who was not that great) and a couple other we'll know teams with not great season. Go look at our past schedules and show me impressive wins. We would beat the likes of Grambling, Sam Houston state, jackson state, Cameron, SE lousina, UTA etc.... These are the teams we played and beat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The only well know teams we played exactly five years ago were Kansas (ranked and they destroyed us), tech who we had to beat in overtime at home. The game most people will remeber for history, and then handling LSU well on the road (they went 11-20 the season before. I could not find their record for 10-11 season) That's it. Unless pan handle state and texas state are the big boys to you.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

I not only watched the games. I lived with the players.i know you love to discredit JJ and bolster Benford and have been since his hire... But you have been wrong each season. We beat a lot of bad teams during JJ's time. And we actually beat the teams. Like beat beat them. And We did beat some good teams during that four year stretch and we played much better than the product we are putting out there right now.

Conference USA bb hasn't been any more difficult than sun belt ball.

• Upvote 4

The only well know teams we played exactly five years ago were Kansas (ranked and they destroyed us), tech who we had to beat in overtime at home. The game most people will remeber for history, and then handling LSU well on the road (they went 11-20 the season before. I could not find their record for 10-11 season) That's it. Unless pan handle state and texas state are the big boys to you.

We wouldn't have been able to beat any of those teams with our Benford teams.

We beat teams that we needed to beat. Can we say that for Benford? His very first game seems to say otherwise.

So Johnny's teams had wins against "bad" well known teams and made it to the dance? Cool, let me know when a Benford team APPROACHES that standard.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I not only watched the games. I lived with the players.i know you love to discredit JJ and bolster Benford and have been since his hire... But you have been wrong each season. We beat a lot of bad teams during JJ's time. And we actually beat the teams. Like beat beat them. And We did beat some good teams during that four year stretch and we played much better than the product we are putting out there right now.

Conference USA bb hasn't been any more difficult than sun belt ball.

I have no issues with JJ. I worked with his wife and had many a conversation with him. He was a great coach. He did schwduale easy teams and Benford has done the same, minus this season which is the toughest schedule I remeber seeing in a long time. A win is a win and we have chosen to win while resting players. Josh and Tristan would play 38 to 39 minutes a night every night. Benford is different and rotates a lot of guys. Sometimes that is a great idea and sometimes it's a terrible idea. Johhny to this point is a better coach than Benford. Benford can recruit and has potential. He is far better than the coach or coaches I remeber in the 90s before johhny. Benford will be getting more judgement however most people wrote up Iona, Arkansas, and OSU as losses before the season started. They are good teams. No players or coaches from the past could have won these games. These guys are hustling out there and giving their all. We need to go in and beat SFAX and I believe we can.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

The Mean Green nickname coming from Mean Joe Greene lie gets propagated once again. :(

"just in the last few years" I think they said...

Eric Capper needs to get off his ass and personally ensure that this myth is not continually transmitted on TV. Send a note to the F'in color commentators clarifying that the myth is exactly that before each televised game. There are only a handful per year and it's not that hard to do. NOT to mention it is kind of your job.

We hit a FG about once every ten minutes. OSU was without several key players and still barely had to break a sweat. We are not going to beat many CUSA teams unless we are somehow able to completely revamp the offense. I don't know if even Reese will be enough to save this season from disaster.

• Upvote 1

So Johnny's teams had wins against "bad" well known teams and made it to the dance? Cool, let me know when a Benford team APPROACHES that standard.

I am hoping its soon. This seain and next season look promising from the outside. We have been to the big dance 3 times in what a century? Is the expectation to suddenly have a coach in his third real make it to the big dance year in years out? Was the bar raised suddenly?

The reason look at football different is because they have had longer and have had issues at the QB position which has been mis handled. The same issue we had at point guard, only we were able to still get Reese who is a great substitute. In football they keep the same QB in no matter how we plays. That is why my approach is different. If we had lost CJS with no Reese I would have been livid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

And for the record, I really hope you are right Andrew. But my head says something so much different. I would love love love to say you were right at the end of the season. I just don't see it. Especially when we are rolling out practically a brand new team this year... And practically a brand new team next year. It looks bleak and I long for yesteryear.

• Upvote 4

Honestly Andrew, if you don't think JJ did anything worth much, you must be livid with Benford.

Unless, you have huge biased glasses. Like the fashion ones. The really big ones that the girls wear that make them look like their basically wearing wire frame ski goggles.

I never said he did nothing worth while. I will say his schedules were not impressive. This years schedule is better than any I remeber seeing under johhny. Johhny still went out and won. Yes he played a lot of easy teams and would stay away from top 50 teams. He still wo and that worked for me. Again, I liked the guy and have nothing against him. To me he is the best basketball coach in the history of UNT. I can however say with confidence the schedules he ran with were not impressive. The winning was though. Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4