Would any NT fan do this?

GreenBat

Seems like an ASU fan didn't do it, but rather just someone who dropped out of SDSU and wants to give the college experience another try. And, of course, has some cash to burn. Cool idea...good for ASU.

• Downvote 1

We had a varsity-alumni game in the late '80s and an alum bankrolled the event and got to actually play in the game, though he had no football experience. I don't think his gift approached the ASU figure, but he paid for printing, ads, game program etc. So it has been done in a different way at UNT.

• Upvote 1

We had a varsity-alumni game in the late '80s and an alum bankrolled the event and got to actually play in the game, though he had no football experience. I don't think his gift approached the ASU figure, but he paid for printing, ads, game program etc. So it has been done in a different way at UNT.

I feel old when I walk around Denton and the campus now, but this forum keeps me feeling young.

• Upvote 2

This is brilliant. I'd love to see the ole mean green get a bit more disruptive like this.

I agree Graham, these types of promotions help to build a bond with the alumni and students that will carryover to attendance. We especially need these to keep interest in the long offseason.

Welcome to the site btw!

Thanks, Harry. I've been one of those pesky passive observer for years. But I figured that I should finally weigh in now that there's and ad guy topic or two.

Congratulations on your Distinguished Young Alumni Award as well! It was a great evening Friday, and I was glad I got to know a tad more about you during the evening.

And, you will see lots of ad ideas on here. Usually from folks who are not so much touting an ad, but just backhandedly knocking UNT's efforts. They never mention the neat stuff UNT does, just search the Internet to find something cool someone else has done to try to reflect upon UNT in a negative way.

Heaven knows UNT could, however, use a good new ad campaign...university-wide. Always good to freshen things up from time to time. Could I interest you in a chat with our "branding folks" over in the administration? :-)

Would love to chat with you (off-line of course) regarding some ideas for the Alumni Association. If you are willing, of course. You can certainly PM me here. Again, congratulations on your Distinguished Young Alumni Award. Well deserved and earned I might add.

• Downvote 1

Heaven knows UNT could, however, use a good new ad campaign...university-wide. Always good to freshen things up from time to time. Could I interest you in a chat with our "branding folks" over in the administration? :-)

Would love to chat with you (off-line of course) regarding some ideas for the Alumni Association. If you are willing, of course. You can certainly PM me here. Again, congratulations on your Distinguished Young Alumni Award. Well deserved and earned I might add.

Agreed. And gladly.

Ohio State did this...

Students were invited by coach Urban Meyer to run 40-yard dashes, and the fastest ones will compete for a chance to race Ohio State speedster Dontre Wilson after the Buckeyes' spring game on April 12.

But the initial showing didn't make for much intimidation.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/03/can_an_ohio_state_student_run.html

The results? Student Malcom Branson outran the team...

Ohio State tailback Dontre Wilson is thought of by many to be the fastest player in the Big Ten… Not so fast! Urban Meyer invited OSU students to challenge several Buckeye football players in a race during halftime of Saturday’s Scarlet and Gray spring football game.
Wilson was viewed by many to be the overall favorite to win the race, but OSU senior Malcolm Branson, who is a Criminal Justice major, cruised to a victory in the 40-yard dash.

http://btn.com/2014/04/12/osu-student-beats-dontre-wilson-in-40-yard-dash/

You think their strength/conditioning staff won't be leveraging this for the next 5 months?