After doing some reseach on Mr. Al Goldfield

Harry

The house is the second largest private residence in the United States. It is in Hickory Creek and tours have been given as part of fundraisers for various charities. I have toured it and it is impressive. I did not realize the Goldfields had a connection to UNT.

Check out his house!  According to the Star Telegram it's the most expensive one in the State of Texas!  Actually located in Denton.

user posted image

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/business/15771197.htm

You can't tell from the picture but the "ranch" is split by a county road. The main house is on one side and two other homes and a cabin are on the other. They tunneled under the road so all of the homes could be linked via golf-cart paths.

Did Goldfield attend UNT?

I don't beleive so. But they do have quite a few children that could have. These people are really nice.

Forbes

As for the Iraq comment...

It is actually French. The name of the property is Champ D'Or and it means "fields of gold" in french.

A lot of the furnishings have been imported.

More

Even More

I was invited to a gathering a year or 2 ago at the house through some mutual aquaintances and the house and the owners are amazing. Really neat people actually.

There is also a whole site devoted to the house, i'll see if I can dig it up again...

Edited by MeanMag

I don't beleive so.  But they do have quite a few children that could have.  These people are really nice.

Forbes

As for the Iraq comment...

It is actually French.  The name of the property is Champ D'Or and it means "fields of gold" in french.

A lot of the furnishings have been imported.

More

Even More

I was invited to a gathering a year or 2 ago at the house through some mutual aquaintances and the house and the owners are amazing.  Really neat people actually.

There is also a whole site devoted to the house, i'll see if I can dig it up again...

There was a story done on them in the DRC about a year or two ago.  I think the property is actually for sale.  If I remember correctly, they wanted to build the house, but once they got it built decided they didn't want it because it was so big.  I know the guy that did the trim work - it took him 2 years to do it.

You are right, they are a really neat couple.  Believe it or not, they are pretty humble too.  I don't think he graduated UNT, but I am not sure about her.  They just enjoy giving money to things in the community.  Don't be surprised if they give more for the stadium, as they have a lot of money.

Could there possibly be an Al Goldfield, Jr. that could be recruited to play quarterback for North Texas? blink.gif  Actually, any position will do. rolleyes.gif

I know you're kidding, but....

The Goldfields have 3 sons that went to Denton High about the same time I did. (Assuming this is the same family and not some wild ass coincidence).

So their eligibility is wayyyy over, hehe.

I know you're kidding, but....

The Goldfields have 3 sons that went to Denton High about the same time I did.  (Assuming this is the same family and not some wild ass coincidence). 

So their eligibility is wayyyy over, hehe.

I think you would be right, I beleive that they even have kids now.

Edited by MeanMag

I guess we'll never know the answer to this, but I wonder if Mr. Goldfield's donation, was contingent on Dickey being fired.

It's possible, especially since it happened fairly soon after Dickey's firing. I know of many fans who withheld donations this year, because of Dickey.

Edited by SUMG

I guess we'll never know the answer to this, but I wonder if Mr. Goldfield's donation, was contingent on Dickey being fired.

It's possible, especially since it happened fairly soon after Dickey's firing. I know of many fans who withheld donations this year, because of Dickey.

SMUG, come chat with us.

I'll call you later tonight, SUMG...

...but I do think we all have recognized that the Goldfield family have the mean$ to make an entire Mean Green Nation put on a very big smile on all our faces with what he could po$$ibly do (and do for us what T. Boone Pickens did for Oklahoma State's football stadium which was all but basically rebuild theirs from what we all used to know how it previously looked). blink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen