Tough loss for Rice

Harry

Just now, southsideguy said:

What is texas telling him-PWO means he will not be starting and kinda of sorta believe in you.  Paid education at Rice is a better deal.

It's a way, way better deal. And when you're a 3-star at Rice, with how Rice is recruiting/playing of late, you're probably getting on the field and probably as a starter. Starting/playing time at Rice with a free Rice diploma in 4 years is far and away superior than sitting on the bench for 4 years with an out of pocket paid for UT diploma. But hey, I guess academically, this kind of proves he was never Rice material anyway.  

• Upvote 1

I'm sure his father told him he would gladly pay for his UT tuition. Honestly, can't say I blame him. His college experience at UT will be better than the one at Rice and if he doesn't mind the playing time it's not a hard choice. And those saying life as a p5 is tough, we have guys who turned down d2 and fcs offers this year to accept a PWO at UNT. Not they are not 3 star prospects but it's just the way it works. Some guys will take the flashier option even if it means paying more.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1