Northern Iowa (11/30/15)

CMJ

Our offense ran smoothly for the most part and we took shots. We didn't just swing the ball until the shot clock was low and barrel it into the paint out of control, which is what happened in the second half.

And that is how we play in the second half.....

stop.... Our offense was pathetic in 2 of the 3 I went to first and last game and we sucked the entire time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do not question the recruiting guru.  It all depends on how many other offers someone received, always.

He said "Greg White Pittman may go down as one of the worst free throw shooters in the history of our school. I thought he was a top scorer out of high school."

To which I replied that he only had two D1 scholarship offers, to help put into context that college coaches did not expect his game to translate well to this level. Which it has not.

But go ahead and throw shade my way. I guess it can replace your old posts of "don't question Coach Mccarney. He's the coach and you all are not for a reason," when we'd get an underwhelming commit and the "I thought this staff couldn't recruit," when he'd get a recruit with the slightest bit of merit.

You were right. We were crazy to question Mccarney picking up all those kids with little or no other offers. They worked out just fine. One of those unheralded pickups even ended up being one of your all-time favorite Mean Greeners in Carlos Harris. 

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Pittman went 3-4 at the line tonight. seems an odd time to make that sports point, no?

also...the first half...top 5 Benford win? top 3 even?

impossible to come back from a 1-8 night from the line earlier in the season. 

He he was like 1-8 and 1-4 in the two first games, but game tracker doesn't show the stats for those on the meangreensports website. Since then he is 4 of 6. 

6 of 18 is pretty bad. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Greg White Pittman may go down as one of the worst free throw shooters in the history of our school. I thought he was a top scorer out of high school.

Stop the hate!  He isn't the team's worst FT shooter.  He also isn't getting tons of minutes either.  154 minutes all last season and just 31 minutes this season.

White-Pittman - 7-16 | 43.8% (Career 25-47 | 53.2%)

Khalil Fuller - 5-12 | 41.7% <<<< and he has been a regular starter!!!

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Stop the hate!  He isn't the team's worst FT shooter.  He also isn't getting tons of minutes either.  154 minutes all last season and just 31 minutes this season.

White-Pittman - 7-16 | 43.8% (Career 25-47 | 53.2%)

Khalil Fuller - 5-12 | 41.7% <<<< and he has been a regular starter!!!

I blame the hate running around this university on RV. Its really the only logical thing to do.

"White-Pittman, the reigning Class 5A player of the  year, committed to Tulane as a junior but decommitted prior to the start of the season. He's received interest from schools like UNO, Loyola and Auburn, but decided to pledge to North Texas after visiting the program this week." per NOLA.com

• Upvote 1

He said "Greg White Pittman may go down as one of the worst free throw shooters in the history of our school. I thought he was a top scorer out of high school."

To which I replied that he only had two D1 scholarship offers, to help put into context that college coaches did not expect his game to translate well to this level. Which it has not.

But go ahead and throw shade my way. I guess it can replace your old posts of "don't question Coach Mccarney. He's the coach and you all are not for a reason," when we'd get an underwhelming commit and the "I thought this staff couldn't recruit," when he'd get a recruit with the slightest bit of merit.

You were right. We were crazy to question Mccarney picking up all those kids with little or no other offers. They worked out just fine. One of those unheralded pickups even ended up being one of your all-time favorite Mean Greeners in Carlos Harris. 

all the people who poo poo recruiting ratings end up looking a little stupid when we're the worst team in the nation huh?  Lolz

• Upvote 3

I watched for about 15 minutes last night.  Didn't even realize this was on until I checked my sports app and saw we were hanging in at 53-57.  Most of what I saw was a bunch of heaved up prayers from way beyond the 3pt line.  Concluded that we still have no plan on offense and turned it off at 59-72.  This is unwatchable basketball, yet again.  

I watched for about 15 minutes last night.  Didn't even realize this was on until I checked my sports app and saw we were hanging in at 53-57.  Most of what I saw was a bunch of heaved up prayers from way beyond the 3pt line.  Concluded that we still have no plan on offense and turned it off at 59-72.  This is unwatchable basketball, yet again.  

The team is lost when it comes to the zone.  With the shorter play clock, then end up passing the ball around for like 15 seconds and then panic when it gets to under :10.  Heaven forbid the opposing team press at all.