Thanks to Houston, I can live for another year not under the yoke of a Yankee World Series champion.

Booing, angry Yankee fans bring back warm memories of 2010. Nice work, Astros - and good luck with the draw I wish the Rangers had gotten before Toronto tanked into our bracket and rested everyone. Hope to see you guys in the ALCS.

• Upvote 1

Booing, angry Yankee fans bring back warm memories of 2010. Nice work, Astros - and good luck with the draw I wish the Rangers had gotten before Toronto tanked into our bracket and rested everyone. Hope to see you guys in the ALCS.

The only hope for the Rangers will be hitting Price tomorrow, and hoping that the Jays' middling finish lingers.  

Otherwise, as great as the Rangers were to finish out the year, that Toronto team is a buzzsaw and their offense will annihilate the Rangers' bullpen.

The only hope for the Rangers will be hitting Price tomorrow, and hoping that the Jays' middling finish lingers.  

Otherwise, as great as the Rangers were to finish out the year, that Toronto team is a buzzsaw and their offense will annihilate the Rangers' bullpen.

Agree, but two things I am holding out some hope on:

The AL East was hot, piping ass this year. Toronto put up some numbers, but man, after the TB starters went down, they got to feast on some bad pitching. I would argue there is more talent in the Rangers and Astros staffs than that entire division (based on who was healthy this year.)

The Jays bullpen has been covered lately, but no excitement over the idea of Mark Lowe vs., say, Sam Dyson in a 4-4 game late? I see a huge advantage there.

The win is definitely not likely and everything is gravy since none of this was supposed to happen, but a short series could be magical.

• Upvote 1

As if MLB hadn't already done enough to alienate under the horrible, horrible rule of Bud Selig, now I have to have cable to watch the playoffs.  

Well, I don't have cable, and I sure as shit ain't laying out however many thousands of dollars for it just so I can watch ten days of baseball each year.

MLB TV is a great option.  You won't get much chance to watch Texas or Houston but for the rest of baseball it's a great thing to have and I'm happy with it.  

As far as I can tell, MLB TV requires me to already have cable to purchase their stream.

Not true.  All you need to do is register and there's 2 options, one that's 20/month and the other 25/month.  No contract or anything and you can cancel anytime so essentially you can have it for what 6-7 months and you get all the baseball you need.  I've got a Roku 3 connected to my TV and there's an MLB TV channel on there so the quality and setup is really great.

I've got the more expensive plan but I don't recall the difference but I remember it had a few extra features I really liked and wanted to have.

Not true.  All you need to do is register and there's 2 options, one that's 20/month and the other 25/month.  No contract or anything and you can cancel anytime so essentially you can have it for what 6-7 months and you get all the baseball you need.  I've got a Roku 3 connected to my TV and there's an MLB TV channel on there so the quality and setup is really great.

I've got the more expensive plan but I don't recall the difference but I remember it had a few extra features I really liked and wanted to have.

OK.  I was looking solely at the $10 post season package.  You've got to already have cable for that.

Here ya go:

Certain MLB games and events, such as the All-Star Game and select MLB Postseason games, broadcast nationally by Fox may be available for live streaming via MLB.TV to those subscribers who are also eligible customers of a participating cable or video service provider ("Authenticated Access"). MLB.TV subscribers who are not able to authenticate with a participating cable or video service provider, as determined by the applicable provider, will be blacked out from live streaming of these nationally broadcast games or events.

OK.  I was looking solely at the $10 post season package.  You've got to already have cable for that.

Ok ya I don't recall how the post season stuff since I've got a cable package as well but unless something has changed you don't have to have cable to get MLB TV during the regular season if I recall. 

MLB.tv won't get a dime of money until they fix their incredibly stupid blackout rules.  Astros fans in Dallas can't watch Astros games because why?  I can't get root sports in the area, and I can't make the drive down to sit in the stadium everyday.  

Yeah, I could pay for a VPN, but they actively hunt those accounts down.  Screw them.

• Upvote 2

Crazy that NY lead the wildcard race for as long As I remember it being kept up with and now they're out.

The Houston Astros...the youngest team in the majors with an average age at 26 moves on to KC.  Should be a fun series.

Rick

Not only the Wild Card, but I think they had an 8 game lead in the division over the Jays at one point, too.

Anyways, Rangers fan here but I am rooting for you guys. But only so we can have homefield advantage if we meet up in the ALCS.