Saturday at UTSA Questions

Anyone ever been to a hoops game at the Birdcage in San Antonio? I'm taking a group of Mean Green fans and I have never been there (or to any road UNT basketball game) before. Do we have a visitor section? Do we buy tickets through UNT or through UTSA?

Does UTSA play in an arena with seats?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It's pretty crappy. I grew up in San Antonio and I used to go to UTSA's basketball camp (not proud of it, but it's all I could do!), and they haven't made any improvements since those days! The scoreboard is in bad shape, no video board. There's no designated "visitor section", but you can just sit behind UNT's bench. I'm not familiar with how to buy road game tickets, but I seriously doubt the game will sell out so you can probably just buy them at the gym.

Anyone ever been to a hoops game at the Birdcage in San Antonio? I'm taking a group of Mean Green fans and I have never been there (or to any road UNT basketball game) before. Do we have a visitor section? Do we buy tickets through UNT or through UTSA?

• Upvote 2

Ernie and I went last year. I am sure he is going this year. It is a rec center with bleachers. On the far end of the court, there is an upstairs which is their hospitality area. Any visit by any one of us there and you would think we are playing in the American Airlines Center here at the superpit.

Hence why UNT90 and I agree on several nicknames for this institution......and just a few years ago they only had basketball.......

I do like Brooks Thompson though.

#itsallajoke

• Upvote 3

I went to the OSU road game this year and was told by UNT'S ticket office that they did not have road game tickets for BB. Had to go through OSU's ticket folks. Would assume the same for UTSA, but a call to the UNT Ticket office could clear that up pretty quick for you I would think.

• Upvote 1

I wish I was wealthy are retired so I could travel with the UNT sports teams..... Maybe one day! Would be a dream to work with the university in their athletics department! If only :)

You know anything about being an Athletic Director? You know, hiring, firing, accountability, etc.

• Upvote 1

Started my college career at UTSA and went to several BB games at the Convo Center that's what it is called still I think.I will be there at the game cheering for the Mean Green with my wife who is a UTSA Alumini.So we have to win because we lost in football already two years straight and my wife doesn't let me forget about it. Tickets are easy to get just buy them at game that's what we're going to do.