NT Please Hire This Company, Hydographics Inc.

MeanGreen01

I wish NT would hire this company for our head gear, company is Hydrographics. Hydrographics is the company that creates all the top helmet gear aesthetics.

Here's a list of just their NCAA accounts, not counting their NFL and other teams and organizations.

http://www.hydrographicsinc.com/gallery/album/view/id/9

The TCU helmet is fantastic!

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 3

I don't think we use anyone like that currently. We just have wraps that go over the helmets. I believe these are the guys that use some kind of paint, oil & water tub that they dip the canvas (like a car rim or a helmet or anything you want "textured." They're really cool. Teams then put their decals over the texturing, so I believe this is something that ends up being more permanent on the helmet. I could be wrong though but I did see a show featuring this a few weeks ago and they were texturing car rims.

EDIT: I wrote this before the videos were added. I'll have to check those out.

Edited by TheFranchise

I think this is the reason why they don't use them.

"Football helmet coatings which can send the price of a basic $300 helmet up to $900"

http://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2013/10/nfl_ruling_on_helmets_causes_c.html

Thanks for sharing the info, very interesting. Just a small correction, says helmets are now up to $800 and the athletic departments, such as TCU is doing, are selling them after games and seasons. And as a result are more than making up that extra cost. In addition, I noticed several teams preferred this option, painted helmsets and designs by hydrographic for their helmet gear for the obviously reasons, recruiting and etc., but they also liked the fact that these helmets are being rotated throughout the season. This keeps the helmets more fresh. Also, painted helmets have been shown to create far less friction, like the painted helmets from Hydrographics. Players witnessed far more glancing blows or hits compared to the sticker or decaled/wrapped helmets which actually increased more friction!

Very interesting!

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1