SMU, next week's opponent, starting now

ADLER

I agree but Baylor will spank them. Art Briles is a fantastic coach but an even better Recruitor! He was the coach at Stephenville and ended my Junior season, State semi-finals and ended up winning state. Ended my senior season quarterfinals. Our team was better just out coached in so many ways. Was running the spread offense back then, 1993-95.

He is a stud and will take this school to the top, no doubt.

Edited by MeanGreen01

I like the stadium. I don't like the outlay of the turf though. There is way too much empty space between the fg posts and the endzone seats and too much turf between the benches and the sideline seats. They could add a track in there if they needed to. The design is unique and one of a kind though. They left south side open for future expansion if needed. I don't like they are trying to sell their stadium like they have a river like Neyland stadium or something. That is nothing like Knoxville, nothing.

I like the stadium. I don't like the outlay of the turf though. There is way too much empty space between the fg posts and the endzone seats and too much turf between the benches and the sideline seats. They could add a track in there if they needed to. The design is unique and one of a kind though. They left south side open for future expansion if needed. I don't like they are trying to sell their stadium like they have a river like Neyland stadium or something. That is nothing like Knoxville, nothing.

Just looking at it on TV, I would be shocked if those sideline seats are any further away from the sideline than the sideline seats at Apogee. I love Apogee, but in all seriousness the sideline seats could be much closer (i.e. Oklahoma State, ULL, etc.), There is an ideal mix between distance from the field and curve to the seats to improve viewing angles. I do think we are pretty close to ideal.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

SMU's offense looks just as bad as ours. This game is going to get REALLY ugly.

We will win next week...27-20 UNT

Yep. BUT- Unless we throw a bunch of interceptions again- I don't think that SMU will end up scoring 20 against our defense.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1