Season Ticket Sales Update

UNTcrazy727

we can't privately advertise for a school's team.

Why is that? Is there a law against that? Not that I'm about to pony up funds for a billboard, but I'm genuinely curious why I wouldn't be able to use private funds and endorse a product at will, so long as I didn't make claims such as UNT Football cures cancer and protects hookers from Craig James.

• Upvote 1

Why is that? Is there a law against that? Not that I'm about to pony up funds for a billboard, but I'm genuinely curious why I wouldn't be able to use private funds and endorse a product at will, so long as I didn't make claims such as UNT Football cures cancer and protects hookers from Craig James.

It has to do with brand marks and such. We would probably have to find a way to do it without using the logos for UNT, North Texas, or Mean Green as those are (or at least should be) trademarked.

Edited by forevereagle

We need a signature win.

It would certainly wake up a lot of people. And it would answer the "yeah but" (yeah but, who have you beaten that amounts to a hilla beans?) alumni fence sitters, and others in the general public. But the athletic department and promotional people would need to be ready to take advantage of it.

The first two games this year just scream opportunity. A signature win, with a semi-signature follow-up win.

Also it might be of note to mention that AJ said there were only about 40 seats left in the recent grad section. According to the article there are 240 seats in the section total so obviously somewhere around 200 have already been sold. Looks like it's gonna be a rowdy place after all!

Edited by meangreenthirteen
  • Upvote 2

Thank you GRANT UNT.

Here's a guy (lady) that just did it. Joined the Mean Green Club and bought season tickets. Just did it.

We've got plenty of observers that watch from the sidelines. We need fans that will step up and buy season tickets and join the Mean Green Club. If one is looking for an excuse, there are a million of them. Pick one. But what North Texas needs is that person to simply say, "I'm in."

So stop with the petty excuses. But season tickets and if one of the games is impossible to go to, give the ticket to a neighbor, and friend or a co-worker. But please stop with the reasons why not to support the Mean Green.

We don't need billboards or e-mails or events. What we need is people willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Beat Texsa

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 7

We need a signature win.

Yeah, that's the key I think, probably most important thing to "take the next step" right now.

*sigh* If only we had an opponent on our schedule this year that is from a power conference, a team most of the country has heard of that that is having a down year. It would be even better if that team was in a transitionary period, with a new coach and staff. We could only hope that that team would have dismissed some key players from that team, seemingly in disarray.

We can only hope.

• Upvote 3

*sigh* If only we had an opponent on our schedule LAST year that is from a power conference, a team most of the country has heard of that that is having a down year. It would be even better if that team was in a transitionary period, with a new coach and staff. We could only hope that that team would have dismissed some key players from that team, seemingly in disarray.

We can only hope.

Fixed. But I get it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you GRANT UNT.

Here's a guy (lady) that just did it. Joined the Mean Green Club and bought season tickets. Just did it.

We've got plenty of observers that watch from the sidelines. We need fans that will step up and buy season tickets and join the Mean Green Club. If one is looking for an excuse, there are a million of them. Pick one. But what North Texas needs is that person to simply say, "I'm in."

So stop with the petty excuses. But season tickets and if one of the games is impossible to go to, give the ticket to a neighbor, and friend or a co-worker. But please stop with the reasons why not to support the Mean Green.

We don't need billboards or e-mails or events. What we need is people willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Beat Texsa

GO MEAN GREEN

I love your enthusiasm and sentiment, but grant.unt has already been a season ticket holder and MGC member for the past few years. what we need is NEW season season ticket holders. I +1'd him for securing his 2014 tix/membership.

but I don't think we should be getting this excited when someone renews (esp. after last season). Hopefully 100% of holders from 2013 renew for 2014, that's what on-the-field performance does...it secures renewals. It's the AD's, marketing, and Aspire's job to bring in new season ticket holders - that's what I reserve my applause for.

• Upvote 2

I know most people get excited when they see that we're "only 14 behind last year's total with a month to go". But I see that number and think "wow, we should have matched last year's number at the May 31st renewal deadline."

The sobering fact is that some people have not renewed.

Things I want to know is what is our current renewal percentage, because that lets me know how many new buyers the AD has been able to bring in for this upcoming season. I have no doubt we'll surpass last season's season ticket numbers. It would be energizing to see our department announce a season-ticket holder goal like #hit8k and keep us updated, but that will never happen. What is being done to engage the new fan/buyer? I would make the argument that GMG.com does a much better job of winning new fans to the cause than our AD ever has.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know most people get excited when they see that we're "only 14 behind last year's total with a month to go". But I see that number and think "wow, we should have matched last year's number at the May 31st renewal deadline."

The sobering fact is that some people have not renewed.

Things I want to know is what is our current renewal percentage, because that lets me know how many new buyers the AD has been able to bring in for this upcoming season. I have no doubt we'll surpass last season's season ticket numbers. It would be energizing to see our department announce a season-ticket holder goal like #hit8k and keep us updated, but that will never happen. What is being done to engage the new fan/buyer? I would make the argument that GMG.com does a much better job of winning new fans to the cause than our AD ever has.

According to my rep the largest discrepancy was due to the lack of renewals. He did say however that renewals typically happen right before the season starts as there has never been any urgency necessary in the past. Also, we're officially ahead of last year's total with a month still to go.

Edited by meangreenthirteen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love your enthusiasm and sentiment, but grant.unt has already been a season ticket holder and MGC member for the past few years. what we need is NEW season season ticket holders. I +1'd him for securing his 2014 tix/membership.

but I don't think we should be getting this excited when someone renews (esp. after last season). Hopefully 100% of holders from 2013 renew for 2014, that's what on-the-field performance does...it secures renewals. It's the AD's, marketing, and Aspire's job to bring in new season ticket holders - that's what I reserve my applause for.

Well I am season ticket holder for the first time and I bought 2 seats. Also joined the MGC

• Upvote 6

I will be calling Monday to confirm 2 season tickets. I think I may have convinced a buddy of mine sitting on the fence to get 2 for him and his wife as well.

I think the attendance record will be broke again this year. Nichols games might hold us back but with another Thursday night home game mixed in with SMU, homecoming, and Southern Miss I can see us breaking the attendance record for the second straight year and that's a positive direction.

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2

It would certainly wake up a lot of people. And it would answer the "yeah but" (yeah but, who have you beaten that amounts to a hilla beans?) alumni fence sitters, and others in the general public. But the athletic department and promotional people would need to be ready to take advantage of it.

The first two games this year just scream opportunity. A signature win, with a semi-signature follow-up win.

I'll take the just the semi-signature win you mention,but every time I hear MAC speak he seems to have conceded the SMU game as a loss! Referring to it as a non rivalry due to previous record against the hated 'Stangs. Most of those SMU wins were prior to WWII , so what does that have to do with the Sept. 6th game? Edited by DallasGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1