Plan in place to get TWU students to UNT football games

It all really starts with a lower-case "g". The rest is just variations on a loose theme.

I think this warrants a transfere autocorrect. This one will require some contextual awareness however. Your code will have to be smart enough to extract contextual clues such as "beer", "frat", "burp", etc. and auto lowercase.

• Upvote 2

There are sororities here but no fraternities. Seems like it could work pretty well. Except don't most frats have sororities that they match up with for tailgaiting and stuff? I don't know anything about Greek life admittedly.

Incorrect. Kappa Sigma fraternity has a chapter at UNT and another one at TWU.

• Upvote 1

I have no problem with tailgaters hanging out during games, however I disagree with the comment about name opponents will bring them in Apogee. If someone is not a fan of sports in general it will never matter whom we are playing on a particular Saturday. We could in effect just have a large contingent that is just happy socializing around the stadium during games. That neither harms nor benefits the athletic department.

I guess we could sell them beverages and snacks and make a profit off of that if they never make it into games. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic. I still think the idea is fantastic and agree with you - kudos to whomever is making this happen and reaching out to TWU.

In essence I keep coming back to SilverEagle's comments about game day pageantry. We need to make the REAL party take place IN apogee not OUTSIDE of it. Regardless of who we play. That will help us get everyone in the stadium to see the event, not the game.

I feel ya, but a lot of the enjoyment of college football is the pregame. The tailgating, eating unhealthy food, socializing with strangers, etc This is all over the country, not just at UNT. The party is usually outside, the game in a sense just creates the party. We struggle with this concept bc we are always trying to get our attendance up and as we should be. So it's a little disheartening when what could be an entire section filled inside of Apogee are outside either too drunk or too indifferent to come in.
  • Upvote 2

I seem to recall that during the Hayden Fry era a similar idea was at least proposed. I agree with 90......this is loooong overdue.

I would take it some steps further. I would look at recruiting TWU music majors to be in the marching band.

Obviously you've never heard the TWU basketball band play.....

do-not-want.jpg

Trouble in Silver's paradise:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/ohio-state-fires-band-director-1406239726?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_sports

Edit: But wait, there's more:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/25/ohio-state-band-marches-on-after-director-firing-over-alleged-sexualized/?intcmp=obnetwork

The "culture" of the OSU band would seem to pre-date the now-fired band director.

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 2

Move on? I wasn't planning to squat here and rant and rave. I will, however, give them a shot any time it seems appropriate.

No, but you do seem to take a quick squat on whatever thread the band is mentioned with the same comment about how much you dislike what they do. The advice to move on is more a general thought than specific to this thread.

• Upvote 1

No opinion as if i like this or not... but how realistic is it that the TWU campus is going to embrace UNT athletics? They are both in the same neighborhood. If they wanted to embrace UNT culture, i believe they would of chosen UNT, I know i have a huge bias, but I dont really see this working out too well.

• Upvote 3

No, but you do seem to take a quick squat on whatever thread the band is mentioned with the same comment about how much you dislike what they do. The advice to move on is more a general thought than specific to this thread.

UNT's OOC scheduling SUCKS!!!

We all have our thing. Leave Silver be.

Can you tell us how you feel about Ohio State?

Gee, a group of College students gathering on a regular basis and some of them acting sexually inappropriate. :o What's that line from Casablanca "I'm Shocked, SHOCKED to find that gambling is going on in this establishment!"

Well, as soon as their "unofficial" traditions are eliminated they'll still kick the GB's ass regarding showmanship.

• Downvote 2