Trice w/ Bears

Rookie contracts (are non guaranteed) but the signing bonus is all there's. If they think another teams looking at you offer maybe 30-50 k signing bonus as for actual $ amount I am not to sure. The least a player taken in 7th round can make is 2.25 million over 4 years with 1st year being 54,000 I'm sure un drafted guys are different

There are other threads for Chancellor and Orr but there are 4 or 5 UNT grads who didn't get drafted but did sign to at least go to spring training and a chance to make the team.

The five I've heard about were Chancellor (udfa), Orr (udfa), Trice (rookie mini camp invite), Thompson (rookie mini camp invite) and Miller (rookie mini camp invite). As of now the only three that will be invited to camp are Orr, Chancellor and Trice. Do you know of others?

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 2

I'm so anxious to find out which team will be featured on Hard Knocks this year.

The NFL has previously announced 8 teams from which they will select if no team volunteers to host the HBO camera crew. Of the 8, only CHI includes one of our rookies...

"Here are the eligible teams. Any of these teams can be selected to appear on the show if there are no volunteers:
Arizona Cardinals
Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears
Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Giants
Oakland Raiders
Pittsburgh Steelers
St. Louis Rams"
The Bears might stand a good shot, but there are intriguing storylines throughout that list. Trice demonstrated on Beyond The Green that his personality jumps off the screen. If they end up filming in Bourbonnais, IL, I'm pretty confident Trice will make his presence known.

What does a rookie contract for a player who hasn't yet made the 53-man roster pay?

Rookie Contracts don't mean squat until you make the 53 man roster, or sign as a practice squad allotment, then the player gets 1/17th of their contract amount each week of the season. During Mini-Camps and Training Camps, players only get a per diem but that is really cash in hand for rookies since the team picks up the players room and board while they are in town for team activities. I think rookie minimum now is around 500K.

Rookie Contracts don't mean squat until you make the 53 man roster, or sign as a practice squad allotment, then the player gets 1/17th of their contract amount each week of the season. During Mini-Camps and Training Camps, players only get a per diem but that is really cash in hand for rookies since the team picks up the players room and board while they are in town for team activities. I think rookie minimum now is around 500K.

Not too shabby!