Todge on the move?

Marty

I amazed anyone would openly admit knowing him if they didn't have to ... much less start as thread about him... (disgusting person) I sure would not want to claim him as one of our own... does us no good to have this here.

Best post this week.

But before you get a big head, remember, it's April.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh great, another thread devolving into ripping dodge

Deserves every bit of it. His arrogance set this program back 10 years in a hugely important time in college football. We are now relegated to the bottom tier of FBS for our entire existence.

The blame lies with Dodge and the guy that allowed him to bring his entire high school staff as assistants.

But that guy is apparently untouchable at UNT.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Let's everybody hold hands and say..."He can't hurt us anymore"

Sheesh

What he did continues to hurt us EVERY DAY.

I'd prefer that these threads didn't happen, but to dismiss his affect as just a bad 5 year (yes, 5 year) period is to ignore what was happening around college football at that very critical time.

That, in combination with the failure to get the stadium built the first time around, will haunt this program for decades as we are relegated to second tier FBS status.

What he did continues to hurt us EVERY DAY.

I'd prefer that these threads didn't happen, but to dismiss his affect as just a bad 5 year (yes, 5 year) period is to ignore what was happening around college football at that very critical time.

That, in combination with the failure to get the stadium built the first time around, will haunt this program for decades as we are relegated to second tier FBS status.

Wow, thought we were much further along than this. We may need to have therapy sessions twice a week. Also watch the season highlights before you come next time. We won 9 games last season and won a bowl game! Take the todge box out of your closet and burn his old love notes! Move on, we have a real coach now

• Upvote 3

Wow, thought we were much further along than this. We may need to have therapy sessions twice a week. Also watch the season highlights before you come next time. We won 9 games last season and won a bowl game! Take the todge box out of your closet and burn his old love notes! Move on, we have a real coach now

Big picture, my man.

Ever heard the phrase "too little, too late?"

I remember a coach that was not good at his job. I remember a coach that was disconnected from his players. I remember a coach that was slow to realize he was in over his head. What I don't remember is a bad person deserving to have his name drug through the mud every chance we get. Dodge did not speak poorly of the program when he was fired. There was no black jersey game. No cussing of the fans.

Let it go

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Trilli was probably a worse coach, but we can utter his name without causing a verbal riot. He Who Sleeps In Underarmor was destructive and divisive then, and the damage he caused on the field, with the perception of the program, among the fans, is juuust now starting to heal.

Mac may be self promoting, but Dodge was self preserving with a slash and burn mentality and complete and utter disregard for any long term damage he caused in his efforts to cover his own ass.

The reality recently hit me of where in the pecking order of donors I now reside. I would never, ever have gotten here had that glorious occasion of October 20, 2010 been any further delayed, because it would've solidified the 7-win mandate as a lie and put me off forever.

We should never forget, never forgive, lest we get complacent and let it happen again (cough... basketball... cough)

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Downvote 3

I remember a coach that was not good at his job. I remember a coach that was disconnected from his players. I remember a coach that was slow to realize he was in over his head. What I don't remember is a bad person deserving to have his name drug through the mud every chance we get. Dodge did not speak poorly of the program when he was fired. There was no black jersey game. No cussing of the fans.

Let it go

Thank you, Houston Eagle - VERY well said!

• Upvote 1

to realize he was in over his head.

When exactly did that part happen? Was it when we started taking snaps under center on third down and inches?

No black jersey games (for which I wasn't around), but neither was there any adaptation. At all. There is a mentality in some circles that to stay the course, no matter how inept it may be, is a trait to admire.

As for cussing the fans, maybe he didn't do that personally, but he certainly had his mouthpieces, one of whom in particular he really should've taken steps to keep at bay, but didn't.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Downvote 1