Who is your favorite UNT Assistant Football Coach?

Harry

I chose Skladany, but it was a really tough choice between him and Wintrich. I went with our grey wizard because of the way he has the team wrapping up so well. Our tackling woes in previous years was a real pet peeve of mine, but we tackle as well as any team I've seen now and it makes a huge difference.

• Upvote 2

My Ranking:

Frank Wintrich (NT wouldn't be where we are without Coach Wintrich!)
John Skladany ( Ditto for Skladany!)
Mike Simmonds (Well worth the two slots in the poll!)
Mike Grant (Really made a difference with the WR's last year)
Kevin Patrick (Even with his limited exposure, this guy continues to rise in my list of favorites)
Tommy Perry ( Glad Coach Mac started allowing Special Teams to take a few chances)
Mike "Chico" Canales
Nick Quartaro

This is an unfair poll. This is like asking you "Who's your favorite child" or "Who's your favorite parent."

Pass. "I love them all equally."

I would say it's unfair because the ones we see and have a good idea about are the OC (Canales), DC (Skladany), and S&C Coordinator (Wintrich). Other than that, we really can't give fair judgments, as a whole, of the rest.

I would say it's unfair because the ones we see and have a good idea about are the OC (Canales), DC (Skladany), and S&C Coordinator (Wintrich). Other than that, we really can't give fair judgments, as a whole, of the rest.

That's certainly true. And, in fact, perhaps a better question should have been who do you think has done the best job with their units?

Canales would have been considered for his work with quarterbacks only, Perry with running backs only, Simmonds with offensive linemen and Skladany with linebackers. The coordinators include players and units from more than one position. The other position coaches have yet to have a season so we wait until next year to judge them.

Given that, I would likely change my vote to Mike Simmonds. His results have bordered on awesome.

Edited by GrayEagle