Who we beat on the recruiting trail

BillySee58

utsa sucks. This dude is an idiot. Someone posted statistical facts stating that North Texas is a better academic institution by a wide margin. Yet this dude gets on here with his jibber jabber with no references except personal opinion. As far as him never hearing about North Texas, that's BS and he knows it. Just remember though, utsa lives under the thumb of UT.

• Upvote 2

Irrelevant, eh?

Don't feed the troll anymore. I'm done.

Doesn't understand statistics. Probably is 17 and just was CAP'd to UTSA.

Yes, absolutely irrelevant and not much has changed despite your inflated ego.

utsa sucks. This dude is an idiot. Someone posted statistical facts stating that North Texas is a better academic institution by a wide margin. Yet this dude gets on here with his jibber jabber with no references except personal opinion. As far as him never hearing about North Texas, that's BS and he knows it. Just remember though, utsa lives under the thumb of UT.

Read the report you delusional homer. It's from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and far from just "personal opinion".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't discount UTSA. They are the only game in town, and I would take living in San Antonio over Denton in a heartbeat.Looks like we are recruiting the same football players as Texas State and UTSA, so I don't understand looking down our noses at them. As I recall they beat us at home when we were playing for West Division Title and being host of CUSA championship game, and they were playing for pride.If anyone is a sleeping giant in the next 10 years it might be the Roadrunners.

Actually, we are recruiting a level above them. They got lucky on a QB. He's gone.

Why do we even give a crap about this craphole anyway?

• Upvote 1

30 point win coming up for the mighty Mean Green? You wish it was 70? :lolu:

You do realize how sadly pathetic this bit is, correct?

You are like the nerd at the school dance making a fool put of himself in the hopes that the pretty girl will notice him, even if it is to make fun of him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Uh...

73% acceptance rate at UTSA to 59% at UNT.

60% retention rate at UTSA to 79% at UNT.

9% 4-year graduation rate at UTSA to 22% at UNT.

12% of students live on campus at UTSA to 19.3% at UNT.

...these stats are even more impressive because we have a lot more students.

UTSA has 8 nationally ranked programs...UNT has 20 nationally ranked programs.

UTSA has no top 50 ranked programs...UNT has 5 top 50 ranked programs.

UTSA has less of an athletic budget than UNT.

Keep in mind those rankings don't include our music and hospitality programs which are some of the best in the country. And our journalism program, the only nationally accredited program in Texas.

Shall I go on? We do have a better endowment than you as well. We have similar research numbers (logical, since we are not a science-heavy school historically) and similar acceptance requirements. As do all the schools in Texas.

We are way superior academically. It's not even an argument you can argue.

Oh, and small school? Really? More students attend UNT than UTSA.......

Also, you can't argue professor worth, there's no statistic for that. Although I likely doubt that you have better professors than us.

I hate when these arguments on boards start to trash each others academic standing. We are all in college, been in college, or graduated from college. We got into the best school we could, or maybe stayed close to home. Bottom line is we are getting an accredited education in this state. Neither of our schools should be referred to as a high school. I love UNT because I went to school there and was challenged while working hard on my undergrad. Now I am in grad school at UNT working hard and being challenged. Between the two I went to TCU and got a masters, and in no way was it harder or better then UNT. Some of these people are going to UTSA and getting the same thing out of it, that I or we got out of UNT. Fact is that UNT is better because the town it is in is amazing, we have better facilities, and a richer history. UNT is such a great place, no question. There is so many more reason that I am not going to even waste my time typing them. Some of these are just my personal opinion, because of all of us have unique experiences in college. I do believe that my time in college would not have been near as great if I was at UTSA. We should have beat them last year and I can not wait to drive down to San Antonio and beat those mothers down next season.

• Upvote 3

Smh. So by that logic you are way beneath UTD, huh?

You lead in four categories I believe, UTSA in two. Neither by margins big enough to suggest one university is light years ahead of the other. You're over a century old too, UTSA is 45 years old. It's like a grown ass fat woman making fun of a chubby, fat kid about their weight.

@Ben Wooding

Edited by correcamino

I hate when these arguments on boards start to trash each others academic standing. We are all in college, been in college, or graduated from college. We got into the best school we could, or maybe stayed close to home. Bottom line is we are getting an accredited education in this state. Neither of our schools should be referred to as a high school. I love UNT because I went to school there and was challenged while working hard on my undergrad. Now I am in grad school at UNT working hard and being challenged. Between the two I went to TCU and got a masters, and in no way was it harder or better then UNT. Some of these people are going to UTSA and getting the same thing out of it, that I or we got out of UNT. Fact is that UNT is better because the town it is in is amazing, we have better facilities, and a richer history. UNT is such a great place, no question. There is so many more reason that I am not going to even waste my time typing them. Some of these are just my personal opinion, because of all of us have unique experiences in college. I do believe that my time in college would not have been near as great if I was at UTSA. We should have beat them last year and I can not wait to drive down to San Antonio and beat those mothers down next season.

Someone gets it. Bravo.