SMU Fans discussing the 2014 UNT game

Harry

"Looks like NTSU is losing 13 starters-6 Offensive 7 Defensive

SMU is losing 9 starters-4 Offensive 5 Defensive

I wouldn't be surprised if the NTSU game is going to be a very tough win for SMU. They would rather beat SMU than any other team, the game will sellout and its going to be a hostile environment. Tough win"

Read more: http://ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69844

SMU is Dallas' team.

I just about ruptured a lung with laughter at that comment. SMU isn't winning, is pretty much the symbol of Highland Park affluence and exclusivity, and hasn't been a relevant team. And to get the buy-in of Dallas at large, SMU will have to feel a lot more accessible to the average D/FW-ite. Right now, two college teams have the best odds of being the team of D/FW. One is us, and the other is TCU.

Edited by meangreendork
  • Upvote 4

You aren't anyone's Superbowl, SMU. Lol!

You are just another OOC opponent, and not even the 2nd most important OOC team on our schedule in 2014. The arrogance is really quite amusing, though.

Their fans who post remind me of the last 3 guys in America who own VCRs and how they must think Blockbuster is still relevant as a business.

If we sell out the SMU game, it will be because of our success this year and a good game against UT the week before and will have very little to do with SMU and the 400 fans they will bring to the party.

But don't fret, SMU faithful. If we have another bowl year next year, we will easily outnumber you in your own stadium in 2015. Hey, maybe the Mean Green will help you finally have a good crowd. And again, that will have very little to do with you, SMU.

• Upvote 1

You aren't anyone's Superbowl, SMU. Lol!

You are just another OOC opponent, and not even the 2nd most important OOC team on our schedule in 2014. The arrogance is really quite amusing, though.

Their fans who post remind me of the last 3 guys in America who own VCRs and how they must think Blockbuster is still relevant as a business.

If we sell out the SMU game, it will be because of our success this year and a good game against UT the week before and will have very little to do with SMU and the 400 fans they will bring to the party.

But don't fret, SMU faithful. Under any conceivable set of circumstances, we will easily outnumber you in your own stadium in 2015. Hey, maybe the Mean Green will help you finally have a good crowd. And again, that will have very little to do with you, SMU.

Fixed

Tell them first we are UNT now not NTSU.

And that one of their alums and SMU football lettermen, ie, Governor Bill Clements signed the bill that changed our name to the University of North Texas.

(Don't think that will stop them, though....they like to call you whatever your name ain't. Sign of real maturity on their part and some of that probably coming from the very special kind of breeding many of them received as to turn out that way). :)

Game on, SMU? :zoro:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

I will say I am looking forward seeing UNT90 and Plum Mean Colorful bring it to Ponyfans.com. later on this year. Like UTSA they have no idea what joy they are in for.

I am going to pop an extra bag of popcorn for this one.

GMG

I will say I am looking forward seeing UNT90 and Plum Mean Colorful bring it to Ponyfans.com. later on this year. Like UTSA they have no idea what joy they are in for.

I am going to pop an extra bag of popcorn for this one.

GMG

For the record, I don't "bring it" to any other forum. I think I posted on Ohio's forum this year just to get some info on their team, and that is it.

Unlike the Craphole in San Antone folks, I don't go to teams websites and insult them. If I have something unkind to say, I say it here, where it belongs.

You won't be seeing me at all on Ponyfans. They simply aren't that important to what we are accomplishing.

• Upvote 3

I think the commuter and T-shirt thing is funny. We have way better student attendance than they can imagine and if we're "commuter" then so is UT. Good company.

Either way, SMU is just carrying a lot of insecurities from them giving away free tickets, the death penalty, 10 fans in the stands and being a school for rich kids who belong at a community college. Kinda funny.

Are these kids that delusional? SMU can't pay people to come to their games and they rag on our bowl attendance? Give me a break.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3

I think the commuter and T-shirt thing is funny. We have way better student attendance than they can imagine and if we're "commuter" then so is UT. Good company.

Either way, SMU is just carrying a lot of insecurities from them giving away free tickets, the death penalty, 10 fans in the stands and being a school for rich kids who belong at a community college. Kinda funny.

Are these kids that delusional? SMU can't pay people to come to their games and they rag on our bowl attendance? Give me a break.

We probably have a greater on-campus and in-Denton student population than their entire campus as a whole. UNT hasn't been a commuter school in at least the last 14 years. The real commuter schools in this area are UTD, UTA, and yeah - likely SMU as well. TCU doesn't fit since it's got a lot of loyal fans and has a lot of athletics success lately.

We probably have a greater on-campus and in-Denton student population than their entire campus as a whole. UNT hasn't been a commuter school in at least the last 14 years. The real commuter schools in this area are UTD, UTA, and yeah - likely SMU as well. TCU doesn't fit since it's got a lot of loyal fans and has a lot of athletics success lately.

You were correct in everything you stated until that last one. Qualify it differently.

SMU hasn't been relevant in Dallas since the early 80s. And we all know how they got there. And they'll never be relevant in Dallas again.

I used to really enjoy the barking back and forth with them but they're such an after thought I don't even really care anymore. I'm glad we're playing them over the next several seasons because they're 30 miles away but they're really not that important.

We just have to keep the momentum we've got going and the sky's the limit with our potential. There's a cap on SMU's. And they've hit it. And they know it. Meanwhile they'll do the stupid NTSU and "give me fries with that" retread garbage they always fall back on.

If you think about it and their legacy, the desperation to be relevant to the point of gross cheating and buy buy buy....it's actually quite sad.

• Upvote 4