greenjoe

Two of the boys that joined us for the game (loyal supporters for 7-8 years now) will be going to UT in the Fall.

At our post-game tailgate yesterday, the moms and dads and boys decided that our 3-4 boys going to UNT in August, and their parents, will be going to Austin to see the game on August 30 with the UT traitors! We have about 20 commits so far. And one of the other boys, going to A$M, said he will join us also! #HitUT

GMG

• Upvote 1

First, it is NEVER too early to talk about UNT football. Second, I currently live in Austin, TX and I have this game marked on my calender (waiting to find out the UTSA (revenge) game also so I can mark that as well) which a couple of my friends and I will be attending. Third (and off topic), I want to say that I am comfortable with our quarterback position going into 2014. Last, I am already missing Zachary Orr thinking about next season of 2014.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 4

First, it is NEVER too early to talk about UNT football. Second, I currently live in Austin, TX and I have this game marked on my calender (waiting to find out the UTSA (revenge) game also so I can mark that as well) which a couple of my friends and I will be attending. Third (and off topic), I want to say that I am comfortable with our quarterback position going into 2014. Last, I am already missing Zachary Orr thinking about next season of 2014.

Go Mean Green!

Organize a watch party!!! We did one for LSU in 2012 and got over 20 people! I know for a fact there are plenty of UNT alums down in Austin....

• Upvote 1

Go Mean Green!

Good to have you back!

Organize a watch party!!! We did one for LSU in 2012 and got over 20 people! I know for a fact there are plenty of UNT alums down in Austin...

A watching party with other UNT alums are always fun but my friends and I are stacking our chips high. We committed on going into the lion's den in Austin to attend the game to witness history. I just hope none of us are victims to UT's t-shirt fan violence after the game. I hope to see a lot of green there on Saturday August 30th.

I'm hoping a Texas team without a coach, at least at this writing, will be a bit easier to sneak up on.

By the way, I saw a great t-shirt yesterday in section 24 appx row 30:

"KEEP DENTON BEERed"

Produce this somebody.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

A watching party with other UNT alums are always fun but my friends and I are stacking our chips high. We committed on going into the lion's den in Austin to attend the game to witness history. I just hope none of us are victims to UT's t-shirt fan violence after the game. I hope to see a lot of green there on Saturday August 30th.

I've been a victim to their violence before, at a watching party in Irving. As far as surviving them down there, just have a giant cross, I hear that will deter them.

Or maybe that works on vampires?

Or aren't they the same thing?

• Upvote 1

By the way, I saw a great t-shirt yesterday in section 24 appx row 30:

"KEEP DENTON BEERed"

Produce this somebody.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

Venture down to Oak Street Draft House & Cocktail Parlor and you'll find these shirts.

308 E. Oak Denton, Texas USA

• Upvote 3

Go Mean Green!

It is going to be you, bottomgreen, and me in Austin and San Antonio. Can not wait! Orr will be missed but with Akunne, Sed Ellis, and another young talent we should be great at LB.

• Upvote 1

I WILL PROTECT YOU!

MV5BMTYxMTc4NDc2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTYx

My wife is a Baylor grad and we went to the Baylor-TU game in Austin last season. We were wearing all green and of course stood out like a sore thumb. We never had a problem with any of their fans. I hope your experience is almost as nice (Baylor lost that game so I hope the green team wins this time!)

"KEEP DENTON BEERed"

Produce this somebody.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

Um, that's the back of the Oak Street Draft House & Cocktail Parlor t-shirt. I have one, lots of other people have one, they are freely available for sale at Oak Street for a mere $15, or you can drink 15 pints of beer before 9 pm, have the bartenders check off virtual punch cards on your Oak Street smartphone app, and redeem it for a shirt. (no necessary to drink 15 beers in a single visit)

• Upvote 1

My wife is a Baylor grad and we went to the Baylor-TU game in Austin last season. We were wearing all green and of course stood out like a sore thumb. We never had a problem with any of their fans. I hope your experience is almost as nice (Baylor lost that game so I hope the green team wins this time!)

I've been the one guy wearing blue and gold amongst a see of 10,000 burnt orange baseball fans in Austin, and they were actually as nice as could be. Genuinely shook my hand and congratulated me when we swept them out of the post season in their own house.

Thing that concerns me is that from what I've heard, their baseball fans are a significantly different subset than their football fans.

I never went to a UT game but I went to a couple of tailgate parties in Austin and MOST of the UT fans were nice to the opponent's fans as they were leaving the stadium regardless of the outcome. Thank you for the input and I look forward to representing UNT on that day with support and class.