The UNT crowd on TV

H-towngreen

I could hear the Brigade constantly though the Game. Did UNLV NOT bring their Band? And, there was more GREEN there than any Game I've seen on the Tube this Season. EXCELLENT JOB to all who could attend, and DID! Maybe Hansen can STFU about the Cowboys tonight!

• Upvote 2

It was sooooo awesome, I have an interview tomorrow morning and I've literally lost my voice!!:) I sure hope they can read my mind..... Haha. Maybe I should just wear my game day gear to the interview and they will give me the job! Go Mean Green, what a year!!

Next up, UT in Austin. See you in Austin!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

38,000+. Nearly she'd a tear listening to the NORTH TEXAS call and response echo thru the cotton bowl. Magical experience, huge for the program, I think a sellout is possible considering we got SMU as our home opener! Why Not North Texas!

Couldn't agree more! Win or no win in Austin, Apogee should and will be sold out. We as fans need to do our part and bring others with us to Apogee. Once they see and experience Apogee for the first time, they will come back. If everyone brings just one more person we would easily sell it out. We already are averaging over 20k now and SMU will bring there fans and there will be some that come just because it's two local teams playing one another!! Coach Mac and RV have delivered, it's our turn!

Great job today, came out loud and proud!

• Upvote 3

Great crowd by UNT! It was quite an event. SMU doesn't bring many fans "on the road" and isn't too pumped about next season. UNT will have to sell out the game on its own and not price it too high. $40 each could lead to a sell out. There will certainly be a ton of interest from UNT students and the local area.

Great crowd by UNT! It was quite an event. SMU doesn't bring many fans "on the road" and isn't too pumped about next season. UNT will have to sell out the game on its own and not price it too high. $40 each could lead to a sell out. There will certainly be a ton of interest from UNT students and the local area.

I don't imagine the prices will be that much higher next year. The remaining non-season tickets will probably be priced between $15-30 per game like this year

• Upvote 1

ESPN did a great job hiding the empty parts but most of the lower bowl from visitor side were full and it looked great. Crowd was extremely loud. Sounded like big time football, Brigade sounded nice too. It just looked and sounded like big game big team football. Commentators loved us too. Like, you turn on the LSU game then UNT and it's the same volume. North Texas chant was loud...people on Twitter were saying we ripped off Texas Fight...so we turned heads.

Huge game.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3

ESPN did a great job hiding the empty parts but most of the lower bowl from visitor side were full and it looked great. Crowd was extremely loud. Sounded like big time football, Brigade sounded nice too. It just looked and sounded like big game big team football. Commentators loved us too. Like, you turn on the LSU game then UNT and it's the same volume. North Texas chant was loud...people on Twitter were saying we ripped off Texas Fight...so we turned heads.

Huge game.

WTF is Texas Fight?

• Upvote 1

It was cool. Felt like we arrived. UNLV fans are so upset.

I didn't get a chance to talk with any during the game or on the train ride, but I'm pretty sure they're mad. On paper, they were supposed to be a really good team, but toward the end of the 1st half, their big guys just looked gassed. Maybe it was the time zone or maybe it was bad conditioning, but UNLV was not ready for the game today. Not even close. If I were a UNLV fan and traveled into Dallas, sat in a bowl game that was basically a UNT home game and got blown out, I'd be mad too.

UNLV didn't brought an ensemble by comparison to our Green Brigade. The Rebel band just couldn't compare to the brigade. Marching wasn't as good, the sound wasn't as good, and the size was really not there at all. Plus, some sneaky UNT fans set up shop right in front of them.

Yeah, I thought the green flags in front of their band was classic.

• Upvote 1

I had to watch from home as the misses is recovering from surgery, but my god. The crowd looked amazing and was LOUD! So proud of all of you that represented. The atmosphere looked electric today. Imagine 30k+ at Apogee.....

It was a great time. Glad the people watching on TV got to see us show up and be loud. Hope your wife's surgery went well and she heals quickly.

I had to watch from home as the misses is recovering from surgery, but my god. The crowd looked amazing and was LOUD! So proud of all of you that represented. The atmosphere looked electric today. Imagine 30k+ at Apogee.....

I was at he game, but heard the same comments from others who watched it on TV. Very electric, indeed.
  • Upvote 1