HOD Official Attendance

UNTflyer

What a stupid comment. There were more actual people in the seats than most of the other HoD games, we won convincingly, sold two allotments, and brought local recognition to the bowl. Give me a break. Had UNLV brought fans, there's a good chance we would have hit 50K. 36K fans is very convincing and better than what most BCS teams bring to bowl games. I think this should be our NOLA Bowl (like ULL.) You can bet as soon as we hit 6 they'll be on the phone again.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What a stupid comment. There were more actual people in the seats than most of the other HoD games, we won convincingly, sold two allotments, and brought public recognition to the bowl. Give me a break. Had UNLV brought fans, there's a good chance we would have hit 50K. 36K fans is very convincing and better than what most BCS teams bring to bowl games. I think this should be our NOLA Bowl (like ULL.) You can bet as soon as we hit 6 they'll be on the phone again.

What is stupid is people not understanding sarcasm, don't you think?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

they won't ask NT to come back.

I saw a dude chugging on a bottle of Jack at halftime over by the band bus, any relation? Seriously, this was a great showing by NT. They will be begging us to come back, especially if it's against an AQ opponent next time around. We did well in every phase of the game both on and off the field. I couldn't be happier at this stage of the game.

• Upvote 1

I've been to each game, Houston had the most, this one was close with last year. They must have changed the way they announce, sold/distributed vs actual. Last year they were recognizing groups over the PA, like the boy scouts, in sections where there were no people. Also, it was windy and cold on the hard camera side last year. By the second quarter it was almost empty, but you probably couldn't see that on TV. They also used to do the seats like Texas/OU split at the 50, this year was a traditional set up. I was worried in that first half, honestly it was boring and other than a few chants, the crowd seemed dead. Y'all picked it up in the second half and I'm sure they would love to have UNT back. They just need a better traveling opponent.

• Upvote 5

I saw a dude chugging on a bottle of Jack at halftime over by the band bus, any relation? Seriously, this was a great showing by NT. They will be begging us to come back, especially if it's against an AQ opponent next time around. We did well in every phase of the game both on and off the field. I couldn't be happier at this stage of the game.

That was me. Just wanted to get your hair up.

• Downvote 1

Proud of the team. It was a team win. I went down on the field after the game looking for future players such as Rollins, Pegram, etc. Granted most I spoke with today didn't play, but I wanted to make sure players knew that people had expectations and high ones at that. Of the players I talked to they were nothing short of absolutely respectful. I am 26 years young and from every player I spoke with today it was yes sir and no sir and I am not even old enough to consider myself a "sir." Coach Mac is doing a good job on the field and from my experience today he is doing an outstanding job off the field as well.

• Upvote 2

Proud of the team. It was a team win. I went down on the field after the game looking for future players such as Rollins, Pegram, etc. Granted most I spoke with today didn't play, but I wanted to make sure players knew that people had expectations and high ones at that. Of the players I talked to they were nothing short of absolutely respectful. I am 26 years young and from every player I spoke with today it was yes sir and no sir and I am not even old enough to consider myself a "sir." Coach Mac is doing a good job on the field and from my experience today he is doing an outstanding job off the field as well.

I do love how classy our guys are. The only time they scrapped was with that cheap shot on Chancellor. They're such great kids, proud to have them representing us. They are a family, appreciative, fiery, determined and classy. No quit. That's how football should be.

Just asking, but does anyone think that the outgoing president of UNLV/incoming president of UNT was responsible for the Rebels getting an invite out of the blue?

It makes for an interesting story line.