Dallas New Years Day Parade

scrappyman1

How weird! A fellow alum and I were talking about the old New Years Day/Cotton Bowl parade just yesterday.

Used to watch it as a kid and then the Cotton Bowl game with the SWC champion as host team

Not necessarily talking about the above, but too many other things have changed in the ever-changing NCAA landscape and a few I wish they'd just left alone.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I was worried that with Christmas break the GB would not be at the HoD Bowl. I hope they march in the parade and into the historic Cotton Bowl.

Beat UNLV

GO MEAN GREEN

I've seen the GB's Bowl Itinerary. They'll be there and they're even chartering buses from Austin, San Antonio and Houston to get their folks back from break. These are the major points you'll see them:

12/28, 11AM, Denton: team send-off with pep band

12/31, 4:30AM, Dallas (Victory Plaza): WFAA Channel 8 Daybreak pep band

12/31, 5PM, Dallas (Cotton Bowl): Official Pep Rally

12/1, "early", Dallas (Cotton Bowl): tailgating and pregame festivities

Ha, and the next line in the itinerary is as follows:

WIN THE BOWL GAME

• Upvote 1

I've seen the GB's Bowl Itinerary. They'll be there and they're even chartering buses from Austin, San Antonio and Houston to get their folks back from break. These are the major points you'll see them:

12/28, 11AM, Denton: team send-off with pep band

12/31, 4:30AM, Dallas (Victory Plaza): WFAA Channel 8 Daybreak pep band

12/31, 5PM, Dallas (Cotton Bowl): Official Pep Rally

12/1, "early", Dallas (Cotton Bowl): tailgating and pregame festivities

Ha, and the next line in the itinerary is as follows:

WIN THE BOWL GAME

Chris great information. Will they be wearing their normal uniforms or anything different? I know they liked wearing those Halloween costumes and might try something different for a bowl game.

Chris great information. Will they be wearing their normal uniforms or anything different? I know they liked wearing those Halloween costumes and might try something different for a bowl game.

Don't know about that.

Language used I. The itinerary indicates mean green casual gear for pep rally stuff and usual unis for the game.