HOD EVENTS

EAGLE83

This is so weird. The Prez's office has always had somebody who almost exclusively schedules and there are multiple other people on campus with similar jobs. How have they not found something awesome yet? Yeah, it doesn't affect me being so far away, and I usually just decide last minute on stuff like that when in town anyway, but just about everybody else (at least those who act like adults, hence my exclusion) seem to plan pretty far in advance for this stuff.

On the other hand, I've had a hard time reaching Rob, the events dude from the Alumni Association, so they may have him burning both ends of the candle to find something cooler than everybody expected. Our Alumni Association doesn't have many staff members, but holy crap, they get a lot done with very few people. I would just assume that there would be some campus-wide cooperation to get a bunch of the events-type people getting something done quickly. Maybe they were waiting until after graduation to spend a couple of days doing nothing else...?

Does anyone have any specifics on what the party at the Tower Club will look like? Will there be heavy hor dourves, open or cash bar, band? There are several high octane parties in downtown Dallas at Plush, Dream NYE 2014 at em Lounge. My group will already be in downtown Dallas staying at the Omni so I want to make sure all can attend and the $75 is hefty without knowing what to sell.

The Tower Club is awesome though and all may get some nice views of the fireworks at the NYE party.

GMG

Does anyone have any specifics on what the party at the Tower Club will look like? Will there be heavy hor dourves, open or cash bar, band? There are several high octane parties in downtown Dallas at Plush, Dream NYE 2014 at em Lounge. My group will already be in downtown Dallas staying at the Omni so I want to make sure all can attend and the $75 is hefty without knowing what to sell.

The Tower Club is awesome though and all may get some nice views of the fireworks at the NYE party.

GMG

1479538_10152415766393943_29692948_n.jpg

GMG

Something like this

how-you-think-you-look-partying.jpg

Awesome, wish I could be there. I'd be all over that. Probably can't convince many people I know to do the NYE gala, but the pregame is a possibility. Are we assuming that kids are $15 each for that as well? I just don't know many 5- and 10-year-olds that would eat 2 breakfast tacos and a sausage/green chili stew burrito. Too bad there isn't like a "12 and under are $5 and get one taco" deal, which would make sense, then you would probably entice a lot more families. $75 for a family of 5 might steer some people away. Not mine, because I'd eat all the extra tacos and burritos, but still...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was told today that you must purchase these tickets in advance. No walkups.

We don't play in the secret wristband society of Fouts Field anymore. I would be really, really, really surprised if they actually refused admission. Only reason I could think that they would is that they didn't order enough breakfast tacos.

As for the NYE event, I can see that being a bit more stringent.

I really hope they reconsider that. I went to Baylor's last year at the Holiday Bowl and you could just walk right in and get food - or pay if you really wanted to.

I suspect the reason they don't want walk-ups is that it is impossible to know how much food to produce. If you allow walk-ups the possibility of running out of food becomes a very real. Then people would roast the AD for not anticipating a larger group of people.

• Upvote 1

Awesome, wish I could be there. I'd be all over that. Probably can't convince many people I know to do the NYE gala, but the pregame is a possibility. Are we assuming that kids are $15 each for that as well? I just don't know many 5- and 10-year-olds that would eat 2 breakfast tacos and a sausage/green chili stew burrito. Too bad there isn't like a "12 and under are $5 and get one taco" deal, which would make sense, then you would probably entice a lot more families. $75 for a family of 5 might steer some people away. Not mine, because I'd eat all the extra tacos and burritos, but still...

Dude - get a kitchen pass! These bowl games only happen once every decade. I and others would like to meet you. At my advanced age I may not be around for the next one!! LOL

if you're taking the train, will you be able to make it in time???

Yeah, I checked that schedule before ordering tickets. The green line runs on a Sunday schedule and starts at something stupid like 4am.

I cancelled my room in Dallas on NYE because the costs were just racking up too high. I was at nearly $250 before even getting a single drink or a cheese burger.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, I checked that schedule before ordering tickets. The green line runs on a Sunday schedule and starts at something stupid like 4am.

I cancelled my room in Dallas on NYE because the costs were just racking up too high. I was at nearly $250 before even getting a single drink or a cheese burger.

cool...we may do this then since we're taking the train in...

Dude - get a kitchen pass! These bowl games only happen once every decade. I and others would like to meet you. At my advanced age I may not be around for the next one!! LOL

The money wouldn't be an issue, the travel is though. I'm just concerned about trying to convince other people to pay $15 for each of their kids when they probably won't think it's worth it. But I'll be staying out here running an event to keep grinding away at getting people involved in Phoenix anyway. For selfish reasons I'd love to be there, but it's probably better for UNT if I keep getting people interested and involved out here.

• Upvote 1