Neal Smatresk: finalist for UNT President

Harry

This shows how different DFW is from most places. Building a 50k seat stadium in DFW wouldn't be a big deal.

From the articles in this thread he and his family appear to be big fans of sports. The one negative had to do with firing an Athletic Director but a cause is never given except for having a bad football team. Those wanting more accountability for RV should like this guy.

• Upvote 1

It makes total sense to build an indoor 50,000 arena in Vegas. They'd have that thing full every weekend of the year with some Celine Dion driving Monster Trucks into an acrobatic swimming pool type event.

Their football games are not very well attended though, so gameday would look a lot like Tulane home games in the Superdome.

But they totally sell beer at Sam Boyd Stadium, and their coeds are second only to those attending gamedays in Denton. Hoofta.

• Upvote 1

It appears the guy is quite controversial and a 'cronie" guy. I suppose we may find out.

The only "controversial" thing I've read was one sportswriter having an issue with him firing the UNLV AD. Sounded more like a sportswriter sticking up for an AD who was nice to him since he doesn't state any specific reason why firing the AD was an issue.

I hear and read about the future president being pro athletics or not but the real question is what does the BOR think and what factors are they strongly considering when they're actively pursuing and interviewing candidates? If he's not as pro athletics as we liked then don't really only blame him, blame the folks that found him, interviewed him, and hired him. Just my thought.

I hear and read about the future president being pro athletics or not but the real question is what does the BOR think and what factors are they strongly considering when they're actively pursuing and interviewing candidates? If he's not as pro athletics as we liked then don't really only blame him, blame the folks that found him, interviewed him, and hired him. Just my thought.

It seems he's as pro-athletics as we could hope for. Both he and his wife are big sports fans. He even coached kids baseball for 14 years.