utsa fans are proposing what?

DeepGreen

Are yall really getting upset cause he said Apogee shouldnt be compared to the Taj Mahal?

lol yall are way too sensitive

Former Dallas Cowboy Super Scout Gil Brandt On University of North Texas Apogee Stadium:

"It's a Taj Mahal. It is an unbelievable facility. I think I've been to every college stadium that's ever been built and this is really, really something special. I came up here a week ago just see it, and the attention to detail is unbelievable.........

Former Big 12 Conference Interim Commissioner & NCAA Consultant Chuck Neinas Quote On Apogee Stadium:

" I would say based on what I know about facility construction, they are getting a [great] deal for $78 million. It will be a top-notch venue that will complete their athletic complex."

It is what it is...

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5

Are yall really getting upset cause he said Apogee shouldnt be compared to the Taj Mahal?

lol yall are way too sensitive

Not upset.

I know that there isn't a tone on the Internet, so feel free to apply an amused yet condescending tone to every one of mine in these UTSA threads.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

I hear they put the big old fan turbines next to our fancy new stadium just on the off chance that we might need to blow the nasty stench of UTSA out of Denton once every couple of years. THATS SOME SOLID PLANNING!!!

Again how you smack talk.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

Former Dallas Cowboy Super Scout Gil Brandt On University of North Texas Apogee Stadium:

"It's a Taj Mahal. It is an unbelievable facility. I think I've been to every college stadium that's ever been built and this is really, really something special. I came up here a week ago just see it, and the attention to detail is unbelievable.........

Former Big 12 Conference Interim Commissioner & NCAA Consultant Chuck Neinas Quote On Apogee Stadium:

" I would say based on what I know about facility construction, they are getting a [great] deal for $78 million. It will be a top-notch venue that will complete their athletic complex."

It is what it is...

GMG!

What is the guy supposed to say, that it's not a nice stadium? It's an $80 million stadium, very nice but nothing out of this world.

While the Alamodome is not technically "our" stadium, it has been a tremendous factor in our attendance and recognition around the city. We will play in the Alamodome for the next 25 years, with the option to opt-out every 5. The Dome was not used for much after the Spurs stopped playing there, and I think it UTSA using it is great. The fact that it is located downtown brings in people from all parts of the city to watch our games, not just students and alums. I dont see us using it for the next 25 years, however. Maybe 15 at most. By then, our fanbase will be much bigger and it would become a more feasible option to build a stadium on campus.

Let me make this simple.

Apogee= girlfriend, regardless of what others think of her looks, who wakes up every morning in YOUR bed

Alamodome= girl from the block who lets you use her a couple times a year in exchange for a bucket of chicken...but it is widely known that she gets used by anyone from the neighborhood who wants to

You are LITERALLY trying to turn a ho into a housewife.

• Upvote 1

Let me make this simple.

Apogee= girlfriend, regardless of what others think of her looks, who wakes up every morning in YOUR bed

Alamodome= girl from the block who lets you use her a couple times a year in exchange for a bucket of chicken...but it is widely known that she gets used by anyone from the neighborhood who wants to

You are LITERALLY trying to turn a ho into a housewife.

Why buy the Cow when you can get the milk for free!

In your little mind, maybe. I'll give you location (on-campus) and the fact that it's UNT's...but if you're simply comparing the stadium then no sorry the Dome trumps your Taj Mahal.

I think comparing the two stadiums is a bit of a stretch. They're both just so different. That being said I don't believe for one second if you had the opportunity of having an brand new on campus built stadium that is super duper nice you wouldn't take that over the dome. The dome obviously is indoors and it is big but that's all it has to offer. Beyond that how can you say the dome trumps Apogee?

While the Alamodome is not technically "our" stadium, it has been a tremendous factor in our attendance and recognition around the city. We will play in the Alamodome for the next 25 years, with the option to opt-out every 5. The Dome was not used for much after the Spurs stopped playing there, and I think it UTSA using it is great. The fact that it is located downtown brings in people from all parts of the city to watch our games, not just students and alums. I dont see us using it for the next 25 years, however. Maybe 15 at most. By then, our fanbase will be much bigger and it would become a more feasible option to build a stadium on campus.

Don't be so sure here. This is when college football fans can get a little toooo optimisitic and delusional thinking things will go a certainly way because they're supposed too. If your fanbase is bigger at that time then great but like I said there better be quite a bit of winning from now til then for people to stay engaged and care about the program. Unless you're an AQ or have some rich history most CFB are in the same boat in trying to fight school apathy.