Tulane at UTSA

GangGreen

We're at home, we got this! As long as we have the 30,000th man ;)

I hope we can hit 30k! But yeah, that crowd is the difference maker! I expect wins at home now. Team will be able to taste the title. All we've got to do is win out. UTSA will be dangerous. Glad we have a bye week to heal

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2

We (UTSA) are dangerous. Sloppy game back home in the dome today, but they had some key injuries, too. One, being the starting rb David Glasco.

I can't claim victory for UTSA, but they do play till the end. And they're battle tested with one of the toughest schedules in the nation. Once they got a bye week, things started clicking. 3-0 since then coming into the UNT game.

UTSA v UNT setsup to be a very even matchup.

We (UTSA) are dangerous. Sloppy game back home in the dome today, but they had some key injuries, too. One, being the starting rb David Glasco.

I can't claim victory for UTSA, but they do play till the end. And they're battle tested with one of the toughest schedules in the nation. Once they got a bye week, things started clicking. 3-0 since then coming into the UNT game.

Well... go up to Denton to watch the game and bring a lot of friends. I think most people here take UTSA serious, but that said we expect NT to win, the team is good and a lot better even at Appogee.

out of curiosity: How is it with bowl eligibility for UTSA (and I guess Tx State) this year? Are y'all aligible, or only if not all spots are filled?

Edited by outoftown

Orange colored glasses you're wearing my friend. It shouldn't be close.

• Upvote 3

out of curiosity: How is it with bowl eligibility for UTSA (and I guess Tx State) this year? Are y'all aligible, or only if not all spots are filled?

The bowl eligibility situation is weird because technically, by ncaa rules, UTSA isn't eligible since their supposed to be in their second year of reclassification. However, if they win out, and go 7-5, they could go to a bowl if there aren't enough 6 win teams to fill bowl spots. That's what Larry Coker said.

I think Tx St. is bowl eligible. I think last year was their one year of reclassification. UTSA is different because they're a new program, TxSt is not.

• Upvote 1

Orange colored glasses you're wearing my friend. It shouldn't be close.

To quote Lee Corso, "Not so fast, my friend..." UTSA's only big conf loss was against Marshall. And that was after a brutal stretch of Ok St, Arizona, and Houston. UTSA really needed that first bye week several weeks ago.

In west div. conference play, they lost only to Rice by a TD. The same Rice UNT faught with to beat. And now they beat Tulane, the team UNT lost to. It's the wild wild west!

But still UNT is serious business. Im kinda torn, because if UNT wins out, they have a strong chance to host the CUSA title game. Would love to have that in Denton.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UTSA was in a lot of trouble without their #1 (Glasco) and #2 (Okotcha) running backs this game. The running game was on the shoulders of 5'4 Brandon Freeman and freshman Jarveon Williams. Freeman's fumble came when he rushed up the middle and was somewhat expected when a 5'4 190 lbs player meets a 6'3 325 DT. Jarveon fumbled on the 1 yard line. Freshman mistake, I'm not completely sure but I think our #1 WR, Kam Jones was also not 100% as his playing time was reduced. He got banged up vs Tulsa.

UTSA won the game on 2 big plays. The 60+ yard TD run by Freemnan and the 50+ pass from Soza to Grubb on 3rd and 13 to get in FG position. Other than that the offense could not move the ball. Thankfully the defense has been playing great over the last few weeks and causing turnovers

Everyone is immensely excited for the game in Denton in 2 weeks. From my perspective, everyone I know is traveling to the game so I would expect a large UTSA contingent at Apogee. Hopefully the bye week allows all of the players on UTSA and UNT to heal up so we can have a great matchup.

• Upvote 1

UTSA was in a lot of trouble without their #1 (Glasco) and #2 (Okotcha) running backs this game. The running game was on the shoulders of 5'4 Brandon Freeman and freshman Jarveon Williams. Freeman's fumble came when he rushed up the middle and was somewhat expected when a 5'4 190 lbs player meets a 6'3 325 DT. Jarveon fumbled on the 1 yard line. Freshman mistake, I'm not completely sure but I think our #1 WR, Kam Jones was also not 100% as his playing time was reduced. He got banged up vs Tulsa.

UTSA won the game on 2 big plays. The 60+ yard TD run by Freemnan and the 50+ pass from Soza to Grubb on 3rd and 13 to get in FG position. Other than that the offense could not move the ball. Thankfully the defense has been playing great over the last few weeks and causing turnovers

Everyone is immensely excited for the game in Denton in 2 weeks. From my perspective, everyone I know is traveling to the game so I would expect a large UTSA contingent at Apogee. Hopefully the bye week allows all of the players on UTSA and UNT to heal up so we can have a great matchup.

Will UTSA bring their Band?

No annoucnement as of yet but I would say the chances are high. A portion of the band traveled to Rice last year and I think since this game will carry so much importance, Hickey will make it happen. We will let you know.

Two bands in the stadium, going at one another, always keeps the energy up.

According to Google maps, it's only 304 miles and 4 hrs and 29 mins....campus to campus.

Yes, I just marched in halftime yesterday. We are practicing at Apogee friday, performing our house party show, at Halftime.

And I'm a section leader and part of the Student Staff.

Oh man! It's shaping up to be a REAL football game then! This is the kind of stuff that starts REAL RIVALRIES.

AND chances are that the Green Brigade will get a lesson on showmanship........ AND SOSA will get a lesson in musicianship.......... B)

We (UTSA) are dangerous.. Sloppy game back home in the dome today, but they had some key injuries, too. One, being the starting rb David Glasco.

You're dangerously close (two weeks) to an ass-whoopin.

• Upvote 4

The fact that UTSA is playing us and it's a "big" game makes me a sad panda. That being said, they'll get mauled by 3 touchdowns. Soza is gonna get murdered. UTSA is weak against the pass and if you leave Brelan open our lovely overthrowing Derek Thompson will hit him every time.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

This. I don't think they understand how hard hitting this defense is.

And is the real band coming, or is it a Mariachi band from the Riverwalk?

Come on guys- be nicer. No need to be mean, we want them to be impressed with UNT. And I don't see why they need to know what will happen behind the woodshed before it actually happens

• Upvote 1