Places to watch NT in Houston

texmusic

I haven't had much of a chance to look yet. The trick will be to find a place that has Comcast AND subscribes to the package which includes the Fox College Sports channels. I know DISH doesn't carry FCS, and it doesn't appear that it's available on DirecTV in Houston. FCS Central should be Comcast channel 120, 121, or 122. I'm guessing Buffalo Wild Wings might have it, but I haven't gotten over to the Sugar Land location to ask yet (sorry, I chose to listen to the podcast tonight). You might try the BWW closest to you. But don't just ask - ask them to switch to that channel to see if they are subscribed.

If you're tempted to subscribe at home - it'll cost you $50 a month. Didn't find that out until almost an hour into the Tulane game, and we decided it wasn't worth it - so we stuck with Hank & George.

From what my co-harts have told myself, it's like finding a needle in the haystack in finding a Bar in Houston that carries Comcast. They may now, since the Rockets Season is about to get underway. But, who knows, thanks to the debacle that is Judas Crane and HIS CSN Houston (Court Date set for this coming Monday). I do know that Lucky's Pub Downtown carries Comcast, due to their ties with the ALstros. But, plan on forking over the $$ to subscribe from Home, or making the trek Downtown.

See just another reason why Houston sucks!

OK...couldn't resist. Sorry Houston Mean Greeners. Surely there is a decent spot in that city and metro area of yours. Surely. But, here's an idea...depending upon cost...any have a home large enough for a group? Everyone might be willing to chip in for the broadcast cost and bring a six pack and munchies.

Have absolutely no clue if such is even possible, but I just cannot believe that no place in Houston with have the channel on their sport's package. Must be tough being a Houston area guy!

Move back "home" to Mean Green Land. That would make all things better! Yes, indeed, it would!

• Upvote 3

Move back "home" to Mean Green Land. That would make all things better! Yes, indeed, it would!

I keep telling my wife that we're moving to Denton when I retire. I would love to have one of the properties which is adjacent to Eagle Point - just walk to Apogee!

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 1

I have been telling my wife the same thing. I may take you up on the three tickets for rice. Going to go see my folks in Dallas and take my dad and nephew to the game.

Now that works! No better place to watch UNT football than right at Apogee!

I have been telling my wife the same thing. I may take you up on the three tickets for rice. Going to go see my folks in Dallas and take my dad and nephew to the game.

Just let me know for sure, so I don't offer them to anyone else - not that there's that much demand for them. :(

As for this Saturday evening - I think I have a place: Stadia Sports Grill. At least they say they have the game on their TV schedule. I was only able to talk to the hostess, who then went back to check (with the manager?). But it's so close to my house, I'm willing to take a chance. I'll have the KNTU feed ready.

If anyone else is willing to take the risk and drive out to Sugar Land, you can join me & my wife, a friend & his wife (both alums), and possibly his son & his son's wife (also alums).

It's in the Sugar Land Town Center area, right by the SW Freeway frontage near the Hwy 6 intersection, across from P.F. Chang's. If you look at Google maps street view, you'll see a painted facade, since the photo is a few years old and the place is only a year or so old.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Stadia+Sports+Grill,+Lone+Star+Drive,+Sugar+Land,+TX&aq=0&oq=stadia+sports+grill+suga&sll=29.55281,-95.3919&sspn=0.015418,0.022166&vpsrc=0&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=Stadia+Sports+Grill,&hnear=Lone+Star+Dr,+Sugar+Land,+Texas+77479&t=m&z=17&cid=999270820520135931&iwloc=A

And according to the main web page, they also have locations in Pearland, Westgreen (wherever that is), and the Woodlands (hear that, SSP!), so they may work for others not near Sugar Land.

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 1

Confirmed! At least as much as possible. I called and talked to the manager, and after 10-15 minutes he was able to verify:

- they have Comcast as well as DirecTV

- they have the FCS Central channel on Comcast

- the Comcast guide for FCS Central does list the game

I would suggest that anyone wanting to go to one of the other Stadia locations call and verify for that location.

BTW, the "Westgreen" location is in Katy.

Stadia Sports Grill.

I haven't had much of a chance to look yet. The trick will be to find a place that has Comcast AND subscribes to the package which includes the Fox College Sports channels. I know DISH doesn't carry FCS, and it doesn't appear that it's available on DirecTV in Houston. FCS Central should be Comcast channel 120, 121, or 122. I'm guessing Buffalo Wild Wings might have it, but I haven't gotten over to the Sugar Land location to ask yet (sorry, I chose to listen to the podcast tonight). You might try the BWW closest to you. But don't just ask - ask them to switch to that channel to see if they are subscribed.

If you're tempted to subscribe at home - it'll cost you $50 a month. Didn't find that out until almost an hour into the Tulane game, and we decided it wasn't worth it - so we stuck with Hank & George.

Not sure why it would be blacked out in DirecTV in Houston. Should be in channel 626. The trick is finding a place that has a package that includes it.
  • Upvote 1

Actually there is a Fuzzy's Tacos in Missouri City - just down Hwy 6 a few miles from 59. But I haven't been there - haven't been to any Fuzzys yet...

If anyone comes to Stadia, look for me - I'll be wearing a Mean Green t-shirt. :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1

Actually there is a Fuzzy's Tacos in Missouri City - just down Hwy 6 a few miles from 59. But I haven't been there - haven't been to any Fuzzys yet...

If anyone comes to Stadia, look for me - I'll be wearing a Mean Green t-shirt. :thumbsu:

Been to that Fuzzy's a couple of times when I visited back in '11. Only a couple of TV's there, but the Food is worth going there.

Stadia Grill came through for us. The manager was there to greet us, and put the game on several screens surrounding our table. The only downside was no sound, but they have wifi, so I was able to pull in KNTU on my blackberry. Too bad the online delay had it a full play behind the TV.

We were joined by Austin Orr's parents, Scott and Valerie (hope I've got that right), who were rewarded with some good plays involving Austin getting on TV.

Lots of screens, good food, plenty of beers - I'll be back.

Although I'll be up at Apogee the next three games, anyone looking for a place to watch should be well taken care of if you go there. Unless I find a way to also go up to Tulsa, I'll be at Stadia Grill on Nov 30th. The schedule shows that game to be televised on "Fox Sports", and doesn't specify whether that means Fox Sports 1, FSSW, or FCS Central - whatever it turns out to be, I'm sure that Stadia Grill will have the game. They have a private room in the back - if we can get enough of a crowd, I'm sure we could get that.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ntex-m-footbl-sched.html